Like Tree25Likes

October Thoughts ...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    It was a hypothetical suggestion as to one reason the police are acting in the way they are. It can be wrong but do share your opinion on the real reason. To just say it's the police fault does nothing.
    I havent seen the background to the initial quote, so I'm going to answer at face value.

The Police are doing their job. They are trained to listen to orders, so the orders from the top have been to arrest protesters who they think are breaking the law. They feel they are being protected by the force and government so they are more open to stretching interpretation to what is breaking the law. If you hear their press conferences, they believe they are justified in any instances of police brutality. If the police on the ground feel they are being protected, they believe they can get away with more.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    It can be wrong but do share your opinion on the real reason. To just say it's the police fault does nothing.
    Surely only an independent enquiry can get to the bottom of this issue. Since 2014 the police have changed

Quote Originally Posted by CChups111:
    Alot of these protests are broadcast live on TV or FB. It is not hard to get footage of what happened.
    Thats the whole point. Figments of imagination vs cold hard video evidence. Hey I see some guy getting bullied, he MUST have done something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by aceofangel:
    Thats the whole point. Figments of imagination vs cold hard video evidence. Hey I see some guy getting bullied, he MUST have done something bad.
    I’m sorry, wut?

Quote Originally Posted by thisdress:
    I’m sorry, wut?
    Wrong quote.