Curious if anyone has factual or anecdotal evidence about trends in rental prices over the past few months?
Are landlords becoming more reasonable re rental increases or lease terms?
Can't help hoping that home rental prices will take a plunge given how viciously they have risen over the past few years.
Not sure how many people are actually emigrating from HK and what impact that might have on rentals in certain 'expat hot spots'.
Any renters, agents or landlords here that have a view?
Example rental prices from about a year ago - NOV2018
1) 3 beds at Grand Austin at Austin Station in Jordan - ~950 sq ft livable - Rents went from about 35K to 45K/50k
2) 3 beds at Caribbean Coast in Tung Chung - ~900 sq ft livable - Rents in the range of 23K
3) 3 beds at Sorrento in Kowloon Station - ~800 sq ft livable- Rents ranged from 33K to 60K
4) 3 beds in Tuen Mun - ~900 sq ft livable - brand new developments like Blooms way and Avignon had flats going for 20K to 30K
5) 3 beds at Le Prestige in Lohas Park _ ~970 sq ft livable - for rent from 24K to 32K
Would be great to hear more about what's happening in your neighborhood as it will be lease renegotiation time shortly for me 😌