Like Tree24Likes

$3500 / Student - Grant in 2019/20 school year

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reports seen elsewhere say a number of people (including us) have received an email for some applications (1 out of 2 children) saying:

To: Parent applying for Student Grant for 2019/20 school year

Please be informed that your application submitted through your child’s school has been received. However, as the bank account or other information provided on the application form is found incorrect/incomplete, we are not able to effect payment for your application at the moment. A copy compiled based on the information that you provided earlier on will be sent to the school for follow-up. The school will contact you later to amend/provide the information as soon as possible.

When you receive the copy of information from the school, please use black or blue ball pen to amend/provide the information (and no correction fluid should be used). Please sign next to Signature of Applicant on the copy (the signature of which must be the same as that on the original application form submitted).

Please return the completed copy of information to the Education Bureau through the school as soon as possible. Please be assured that we will expedite processing your application. Thank you.

This email is sent by an automated system. Please do not reply to this email or call our office. If necessary, please visit [link removed for quoting]. If you have already received the student grant, please disregard this email.
    Reports from a school is that this is due to incorrect instructions on the form about bank account number entry. Most forms were processed by civil servants with a clue and were handled and paid, but a number have been rejected by computer-says-no staff, hence the above.

we got ours weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears:
    Reports seen elsewhere say a number of people (including us) have received an email for some applications (1 out of 2 children) saying:

Reports from a school is that this is due to incorrect instructions on the form about bank account number entry. Most forms were processed by civil servants with a clue and were handled and paid, but a number have been rejected by computer-says-no staff, hence the above.
    So what are we meant to do to fix it? I got an email saying my bank account was wrong. My son is under 4 years old and definitely doesn't have his own bank account.

My son is not at school now - so I guess I miss out now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_jones:
    So what are we meant to do to fix it?
    The school should contact you as far as I understand.

I got an email saying my bank account was wrong.
    It probably wasn't as noted above. I have 2 kids, same banks details, one was paid weeks ago, the other I got this email for.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_jones:
    So what are we meant to do to fix it? I got an email saying my bank account was wrong. My son is under 4 years old and definitely doesn't have his own bank account.

My son is not at school now - so I guess I miss out now.

As far as I understand, you were required to not only provide the account number and name of the bank, but also the bank code.
    This was apparently missed by a number of people as it is in very small print (in the field titled "Bank Account Number").

Quote Originally Posted by PeLan:
    As far as I understand, you were required to not only provide the account number and name of the bank, but also the bank code.
    This was apparently missed by a number of people as it is in very small print (in the field titled "Bank Account Number").
    I don't think it's that, I have copies of the 2 forms for both kids. Both I have filled the same, and entered the bank code where required. One was paid, the other resulted in the email.

Quote Originally Posted by PeLan:
    Thanks! I got this email a couple days ago and I was wondering what I did wrong. Now I just have to hope the school gets the form back from the Education Bureau next week...

Got 3 students...P3 /P6/ AND K1."All same time of application..only 2 kids got it on time..but my K1 its 2nd time of Re- Submission... untill now dont recieve any feedback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4