Like Tree27Likes

$3500 / Student - Grant in 2019/20 school year

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

$3500 / Student - Grant in 2019/20 school year

Make sure your kid gets the form and make sure you submit it back to your school.

Unfortunately for me, the kid thinks this is his money!

The student grant is non-means-tested. All students who, as at the date of application, study in secondary day-schools, primary schools and special schools (including public sector schools, Direct Subsidy Scheme schools, English Schools Foundation schools and private schools) as well as kindergartens (whether having joined the kindergarten education scheme or not) offering local or non-local curriculums in Hong Kong, are eligible for the grant.
    The spokesman said, "Schools can collect the application forms at the respective Regional Education Offices from tomorrow (January 9), while SCCCs and the VTC can collect the application forms at the EDB's Special Duties Office. After parents have duly completed the application forms, schools have to verify the student status and submit them to the EDB on or before February 14. Applicants are not required to provide other documents at this stage. We will make use of internal information to carry out verification as far as possible. Applicants will only be required to provide other documents when necessary. We expect to start disbursing the subsidy in about six weeks after receiving the applications."

The spokesman added, "As the Chief Executive proposed in the 2019 Policy Address, the provision of the Student Grant will be regularised starting from the 2020/21 school year."
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...0010800408.htm

"Unfortunately for me, the kid thinks this is his money!"

My kid just said to keep aside HKD10 of that money for him to buy something

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Unfortunately for me, the kid thinks this is his money!
    I hope you laughed at him very loudly when he said that

Where to get the form?

Not being funny Shri but it says "all students are eligible for" not "all parents whos students"

Your kid is right.

A nice little bonus. Thanks Carrie!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Not being funny Shri but it says "all students are eligible for" not "all parents whos students"

Your kid is right.
    You're assuming all kids have a bank account to receive the funds.

Was chatting last night with @HKfornow and parents/kids are negotiating a 50% split.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    You're assuming all kids have a bank account to receive the funds.

Was chatting last night with @HKfornow and parents/kids are negotiating a 50% split.
    I was being facetious
    rani likes this.

So all you have to do is fill out the form and you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:

Your kid is right.

...the $19.1 billion relief measures announced by the Financial Secretary in August 2019, a one-off student grant of $2,500 will be provided in the 2019/20 school year for each secondary day-school, primary school and kindergarten student to alleviate parents’ financial burden in defraying education expenses

https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/student-pa...ant/index.html
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast