Like Tree154Likes

Feb 2020 Mask / Package Delivery to Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Feb 2020 Mask / Package Delivery to Hong Kong

About 10-12 days ago, I needed to place an order for some vitamins and shoes on Amazon. Figured, might as well throw in some reusable masks with filters since those were listed as being available at that time on Amazon.

I split my order into two, based on rumors and speculation that mask deliveries were being messed around by either HK Customs or SF Express. SF had circulated a list of protest related items which they would not ship to HK and this list included masks and other items.

Even though Amazon says 10-14 days for free delivery, it usually takes 5-7 days based on my experience during the free shipping rush over the xmas shopping season.

Sure enough, the shoes and vitamins got delivered on schedule. Well done SF & Amazon.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 6.39.31 AM.png
Views: 2940
Size:  79.1 KB

Here's what has happened to the package containing the masks.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 6.40.52 AM.png
Views: 2905
Size:  42.8 KB

I gave them the benefit of doubt... may be its on a slow plane to China.

However, the SF Express tracker shows some more info. The package has arrived in HK, but has not moved since its arrival.

Check the first screenshot to see how quickly my shoes moved through the customs clearance and SF delivery network in HK.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 6.42.24 AM.png
Views: 2944
Size:  41.8 KB

Customer service at SF says "clearing customs" - why is this taking longer? Social media says "SF is stealing masks" - could be possible. The conspiracy section of my brain says "Something is fishy and HK Customs is holding shipments with masks..."

Lets see how things progress.... Could be that they're overloaded at Customs, but I suspect this is not a case of customs officers working from home.

Last edited by shri; 06-02-2020 at 06:58 AM.

My package, ordered from a medical supply company, says it is still at the warehouse according to FedEx...due to arrive the 14th. Ordered January 23rd (US time). Not optimistic that it's coming, ever...

hongkong7 and junichitsuyo like this.

@MABinPengChau - Which warehouse? US or HK?

US might indicate that FedEx is holding for some reason or the other. HK might indicate that this is similar to my case and that HK Customs is f'ing around or there is a different queue for processing protest items.

My conversation with Amazon.

https://twitter.com/shrihk/status/1225194481105821696

MABinPengChau likes this.

Oh yeah, I can't blame HK, much as I would like to- I am pretty sure "my" masks will be diverted to someone else...

tinlissie likes this.

On a tangent .. every time I interact with Amazon, I want to go out and buy more of their stock.

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/statu...98329140776960

I received my masks but family re-packaged them out of the box into ziplocks into a document envelope. They listed the contents as portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    I received my masks but family re-packaged them out of the box into ziplocks into a document envelope. They listed the contents as portfolio!
    What courier did they use?

I ordered 6 different mask and filter from the same seller and shipped by amazon on 24/01 ! At the end they send 4 different parcels so far only one arrived. Lucky it's mine and the filters as i am the only one not working from home.

They sent by express post and was delivered by HK post to my door for signing.

shri likes this.

I decided to order some today, just in case I have to fly around next week. I ordered them from a UK hardware store that (said) it still had stock and they will go to my Mum, who hopefully will post on to me. I've told her to label them as "bra". (they are the solid type, hoping that's what they will look/feel like if nobody opens the packet!).

BCD, Mrs. Jones and misshappy26 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast