Like Tree27Likes

HKMAO chief removed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Coolboy, shri, AsianXpat0 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Another scapegoat removed. But the more relevant question is, will it make a difference? I'm not holding my breath.

Replaced with a 68 year old close ally of Xi who retired back in 2017. Shows you where the priorities lie. Another Xi ally who has no clue about Hong Kong, it's gonna go down from here. Zhang has been demoted to Vice chief of "daily operations", which means he is still the guy who is gotta do all the work, but he has to listen to Xi's edicts coming through the new Chief, probably worse than having no job at all.

Last edited by mrgoodkat; 13-02-2020 at 12:32 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kinlinglo...12561287991296

Some murmuring about the previous chap’s resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    Another scapegoat removed. But the more relevant question is, will it make a difference? I'm not holding my breath.
    One young scapegoat been replace with another old scapegoat. We know how the china's communist system runs. Total incompetence from all the way to the top to all the way to the bottom. Seen it in SARs and history is repeating itself with this Covid-19. They didn't learn from the first time and it looks like they aren't going to learn this time around.

Zhang was a nasty operator but his replacement is probably just as bad

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia
    Zhang was a nasty operator but his replacement is probably just as bad
    If not worse. Zhang was clearly doing a pretty poor job, but at the very least he had some grasp of how HK functions under one country, two systems. His replacement I am not sure understands that. The fact that Xi is putting in place new people with no experience or background in HK may show he really does not care about even upholding the pretensions of "one country, two systems".

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    If not worse. Zhang was clearly doing a pretty poor job, but at the very least he had some grasp of how HK functions under one country, two systems. His replacement I am not sure understands that. The fact that Xi is putting in place new people with no experience or background in HK may show he really does not care about even upholding the pretensions of "one country, two systems".
    Yep, and it shows how bad is Xi's decision making (ahem) appointment system works. Just a change of face but more of the same.
    Coolboy likes this.

Mefisto likes this.

"Beijing will have a new policy towards Hong Kong which focuses on the protection of national security and to make sure 'One Country, Two Systems' is implemented in a correct and comprehensive manner," Lau said.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...5-20200214.htm
    shri, AsianXpat0 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast