View Poll Results: How are you going to spend your 10K handout?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • BUy yourself something

6 35.29%
  • travel/vacation, you know free money

3 17.65%
  • take a new course to improve skill

0 0%
  • buy gifts for friends/families

1 5.88%
  • hookers and drugs

7 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree33Likes

How are you going to spend your 10,000 handout??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How are you going to spend your 10,000 handout??

Granted seems like handout is way to late especially for those in need.. ppl are losing jobs now and for myself I am not working which is not a problem. I am worried about ppl at the lower end..

-- Travelling? Free holiday isnt..?
    -- invest it stocks etc
    -- buy yourself a toy? thinking of getting myself a drone as i always wanted even it seemed like a waste of money not now though..lol
    -- gym membership? courses to enhance your skills?? (btw anyone with knowledge where i can get some info on local stock market and investment courses etc
    --- Gifts to your friends??
    Hookers and drugs?? haha..

ps ow do you create a poll here??

Spent it already - replacing dive gear and towards another trip.

Well, I pay enough tax each year.

mokhi6 likes this.

From other threads I would think N95 masks and toilet paper would be popular items.

MatthieuTofu likes this.

It will go back in my tax reserve certificate account where it came from .

Into general revenue

Mr Chips likes this.

If I had it right now, it would go towards my GTFOOH fund... by the time I get it, I'll probably have already gotten the FOOH so I'll probably buy a cherry red Gibson SG Standard with it... had my eye on one for a while...

Those items on the poll are terrible.

There are calls not to take dirty government money.

I will give it to those who should be entitled to it but will not get it -- helpers. Just because of where they were born, despite working over 7 years in many cases, and contributing to this city through hard work, they are not entitled to it.

And animal charities. Many also in need in Hong Kong, like the street cleaners.

Seems very indulgent for well-off people to go off buying more (foreign made) crap they don't need. (Sorry, I'm in a grumpy mood today, and I really do think people should be more thoughtful about what this money is and where it comes from...)

mokhi6, Mrs. Jones and rainylin like this.

Not PR, not getting any money...agree that helpers are more deserving of the 10k and they will get nothing, doesn't seem fair (yes, I know, life is not fair, my parents explained that to me on a frequent basis...).

Mrs. Jones and sujatha_jha like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Not PR, not getting any money...agree that helpers are more deserving of the 10k and they will get nothing, doesn't seem fair (yes, I know, life is not fair, my parents explained that to me on a frequent basis...).
    From what age did they start ingraining this point into you?

If it was pre-2013, it would most definitely be models & bottles. Partying was so good back in the day. Now, I would buy a bigger screen so I can rot in home more comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Those items on the poll are terrible.

There are calls not to take dirty government money.

I will give it to those who should be entitled to it but will not get it -- helpers. Just because of where they were born, despite working over 7 years in many cases, and contributing to this city through hard work, they are not entitled to it.

And animal charities. Many also in need in Hong Kong, like the street cleaners.

Seems very indulgent for well-off people to go off buying more (foreign made) crap they don't need. (Sorry, I'm in a grumpy mood today, and I really do think people should be more thoughtful about what this money is and where it comes from...)
    I don't think you should empathize so early with street cleaners. A lot of them are elderly and have nothing to do at home, so working is better for their health and sanity. Also, some of the Mc Sleepers have openly said they own their home, but chose to rent it out for cashflow for the betterment of their kids. So you don't have to make up for somebody else gaining at someones expense in such cases.

If people really shared your thoughts about maids, they would abolish them in Hong Kong. I find this practice disgusting and cannot comprehend how lazy people are to allow a stranger into their homes and around their kids.

I saw your post about living costs in the US and Australia being an undesirable place to live. Definitely could tell you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Hope you feel better now.
    Morrison likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast