Like Tree74Likes

Keep Your Rent

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I am sure there will be landlords that get the mortgage relief from the government but don't pass on that generosity to their tenants.

It's not what should have been done in the first place....

Quote Original Post:
    I am sure there will be landlords that get the mortgage relief from the government but don't pass on that generosity to their tenants.

It's not what should have been done in the first place....
    There is no mortgage relief. So far landlords can only defer payment, they'll have to repay the missed payments in the future.
    shri and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Original Post:
    On the one hand i am sympathetic to those struggling to get along in this miserable state of the world, on the other hand i am asking why are there more and more people who demand handout and bailout each time a crisis hit ?

The problem is, once you start bailing out someone, then become logical guys who used to be conservative (remember those guys that always say, savings to last for six months of expenses) should start being reckless.. by leveraging heavily for investment or for spending.. why ? because the government will always bail out the struggling.. each and every time..

that's against the principle of capitalism.. where you get reward for the risk and you take the risk up the chin.. those that are conservative get their fair chance when crisis hit...
    Yes, indeed, corporations are always asking for welfare, tax cuts, and bailouts. Who got bailed out in 2008? GM, AIG, JP Morgan, BoA, and 80+ other companies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecol.../#48920f9b2d83

Who's asking for bailouts now? Airlines, despite refusing to buyback cancelled fares, price gouging customers needing to urgently return home, and laying off 1000s. Oil companies, who are always quick to push consumer prices up but always slow to return them when the market falls, also asking for relief. Hell airlines still add that fuel surcharge from the early 2000s when oil prices were on the rise for a brief period. Hotel industry asking for $250B, despite stories of chains like Marriot cutting worker hours to zero but not laying them off, so they both lose their benefits (healthcare) and cannot get unemployment.

Always amazing that these same corporate heads are those 'conservative' types who chastise individuals who don't save up for a rainy day, yet when it starts to rain on them they always look for a free umbrella.

Quote Original Post:
    Here everyone is to get free food regardless of wealth (because you can't tell by someone house if they have lost all their income). Eating some now. You can put a sign outside your house to say you don't want it (or that you need more).

No utility bills this month.
    Do you really think The Philippines is the shining light in all this crap?

https://twitter.com/FloydWhaley/stat...233669632?s=20

https://twitter.com/Comparativist/st...232511490?s=20

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12321995

The Philippine president has threatened to order law enforcers to shoot troublemakers and stop a massive food and cash aid if people resort to riots and defy a lockdown imposed on millions to fight the coronavirus outbreak.
    Last edited by kimwy66; 02-04-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    This is like the flipside to HK landlords raising rents off the back of govt subsidies to low income tenants. Tenants in North America now refusing to pay rents in solidarity claiming they should be beneficiaries of the mortgage relief landlords are getting (it's actually payment deferrals, not relief, but hey who needs accuracy when trying to incite class warfare)

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/p...virus-job-loss
    Renters are a dispicable bunch from a landlords perspecive. Thier sense of entitlement is amazing. Work harder, save more and buy your own place rather than crying because you are too dumb, too lazy and a spendthrift. Landlords are not here to subsidize your lifestyle.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    Renters are a dispicable bunch from a landlords perspecive. Thier sense of entitlement is amazing. Work harder, save more and buy your own place rather than crying because you are too dumb, too lazy and a spendthrift. Landlords are not here to subsidize your lifestyle.
    i hope this is sarcasm
    shri and rkenia852 like this.

I don't think I ever said it was. The overall strategy is right but there will be problems with implementation.

Just be careful what you believe. The communists called a ceasefire but have launched a big disinformation campaign. The "shooting" comment was specifically against the communists. The "left" as they are euphemistically called here. Support the communists if you want but accept what it is you are supporting, it is not the mainstream opposition or the free press.

I will not get into further discussion on this.

Quote Original Post:
    There is no mortgage relief. So far landlords can only defer payment, they'll have to repay the missed payments in the future.
    Well, that's a form of relief. If the landlord gets to defer their payment, the gratuitous nature should be extended to the tenant for that property. Different point about how this can be implemented fairly.

Quote Original Post:
    Well, that's a form of relief. If the landlord gets to defer their payment, the gratuitous nature should be extended to the tenant for that property. Different point about how this can be implemented fairly.
    I would venture that tenants who can't come up with the rental payment after only one month of unemployment won't be able to come up with 2 months payment next month, or 3 months after that etc.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    i hope this is sarcasm
    Knowing that person's posting history.. I suspect it is not sarcasm. Probably never been in any sales job either... you know, customers are not here to subsidize your lifestyle!
    rkenia852 likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast