Like Tree74Likes

Keep Your Rent

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I would venture that tenants who can't come up with the rental payment after only one month of unemployment won't be able to come up with 2 months payment next month, or 3 months after that etc.
    Well, the same argument can be made for a landlord who has a mortgage, right? If you can't come up with a payment....

Unless of course you are implying that all tenants are employees....and all landlords are?

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852:
    Well, the same argument can be made for a landlord who has a mortgage, right? If you can't come up with a payment....

Unless of course you are implying that all tenants are employees....and all landlords are?
    Well landlords have income from rent by definition and the bank extending the mortgage term by 2 or 3 months is not the same as having to repay rent at once, can't just tack it on at the end of the lease.

That's fair. A compromise is great for both parties, because the alternative is having an empty flat in this market. But that's not what the article is talking about. It's about certain tenants imagining they are entitled to some free money on the back of their landlord.
    Entitled is the key word that is becoming so familiar. That's what happens when there's been so little to complain about for decades. I'm just grateful I grew up in a shithole so didn't get quite as much entitlement

Edit: I'm talking about people trying to avoid paying rent to landlords. The government should be helping out people in need during this crisis though but that's not the way to do it
    HK_Katherine and rkenia852 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Which is how it should be, the alternative being don't have money for food then starve. Is that your preferred option during the covid19 crisis?
    Just cos you are not a landlord lol.

You don't walk into a shop and eat a bowl of rice then leave without paying, do you?

Law and order is instilled on us so we act like reasonable human being. Instead of defaulting on our obligations at least talk with the people at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface:
    You don't walk into a shop and eat a bowl of rice then leave without paying, do you?
    Oh he totally would

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface:
    Just cos you are not a landlord lol.

Law and order is instilled on us so we act like reasonable human being. Instead of defaulting on our obligations at least talk with the people at stake.
    What? I am not talking about rent. I was responding to a comment about people being provided with food when they have no money to buy food.

Oh he totally would
    We are busy providing food for others thanks. My wife risked breaking curfew to help others last night and met with someone at 6am to borrow an emergency vehicle so she can get through the roadblocks to another city to help a family. Not all of us sit on the sidelines sneering.
    justjoe86 and rkenia852 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Knowing that person's posting history.. I suspect it is not sarcasm. Probably never been in any sales job either... you know, customers are not here to subsidize your lifestyle!
    Don't forget I am a customer of YOUR website. Particpation helps you pay your bills so be more diplomatic. I put food on your table and help you to get that MSFT Surface or Lenovo Yoga for your kid. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Don't forget I am a customer of YOUR website. Particpation helps you pay your bills so be more diplomatic. I put food on your table. lol
    Are you paying? No, which means you are the product. Now shut up and get back on your shelf.
    HK_Katherine and rkenia852 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Don't forget I am a customer of YOUR website. Particpation helps you pay your bills so be more diplomatic. I put food on your table. lol
    Thier sense of entitlement is amazing. Work harder, save more and buy your own place rather than crying because you are too dumb, too lazy and a spendthrift.
    In the most polite possible way ... I mean you meant it in all sincerity in your post, right?

Your sense of entitlement is overrated. Work harder, learn some new skills and start your own website rather and shitting all over someone else's property, because you're too dumb, too lazy and too entitled.

Spoken as a HK landlord of an online property.
    kimwy66, TheBrit, tf19 and 3 others like this.