Like Tree14Likes

New ferry services

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    could you comment on how accessible it is to the Hung Hom MTR and cross-border train counter (exit C1)?
    look it up on a map?
    chuckster007 and TheBrit like this.

Hung Hom MTR is quite circuitous due to the messy and disconnected pedestrian paths due to the highways, would not recommend. Whampoa MTR is a 5-10 minute walk.

I think hung hom MTR is not much closer from that ferry terminal than TST MTR is from the star ferry...

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    I think hung hom MTR is not much closer from that ferry terminal than TST MTR is from the star ferry...
    I'd suggest TST mtr is a good bit closer to the start ferry than Hung Hom mtr is to the hung hom ferry terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    No but the Whampoa MTR is much closer the the Hung Hom Ferry.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Hung Hom MTR is quite circuitous due to the messy and disconnected pedestrian paths due to the highways, would not recommend. Whampoa MTR is a 5-10 minute walk.
    Agreed - before Whampoa opened I tried walking from the Kerry to Hung Hom once. What looked so close on Google Maps proved to be almost impossible. Random flyovers and fences that made walking a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Agreed - before Whampoa opened I tried walking from the Kerry to Hung Hom once. What looked so close on Google Maps proved to be almost impossible. Random flyovers and fences that made walking a nightmare.
    i think the best way is to go thru one of those hotels. otherwise, easier to swim in the harbour.

chuckster007 likes this.

A friend tried it and enjoyed the trip.if a bit slow.Much better to go via Whampoa mtr,as the walk from Hung Hom is blocked up with construction sites(may improve later). I think the Whampoa residents are happy to get the ferry back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2