Like Tree20Likes

What percent of locals or Westernized Chinese women would be open to dating African ancestry foreigners?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What percent of locals or Westernized Chinese women would be open to dating African ancestry foreigners?

Sometimes it seems like every other couple walking around Central is interracial but its 99% of the time white man/asian woman. The white man is frequently much less attractive than the woman, much more of a disparity than most other places. I almost never see a Chinese woman with a black foreign man. Is the reason merely cultural perception and most women not wanting to deal with the social backlash of dating a black foreigner? I know of several black foreign men (one of which is my good friend) with very well paying corporate jobs that have handsome faces (e.g. could be models in other countries), have a good physique, are well spoken, wear suits, etc. but cannot get a second look. Thoughts?

Jeremy1988 likes this.

Very complicated issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    Very complicated issue.
    Indeed it is but HK is supposed to be "Asia's world city" I find it hard to process the lack of openness to successful, handsome blacks. Perhaps someone with a firm grasp on the problem can explain this further.

The movies tell us that white girls love black men.

Asian girls, not so much. There's a bit of racism towards blacks in Asian countries generally.

3.75%

shri and BCD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    The movies tell us that white girls love black men.

Asian girls, not so much. There's a bit of racism towards blacks in Asian countries generally.
    So basically, a supposedly forward and largely educated culture like HK gets all of their perceptions on other races from popular movies? Isn't this mindset also reinforced from generations of colorism (Chinese culture and British racial hierarchy) in families here prior to Western mass media taking hold?

Likely a mix of low demographic representation in overall population mixed with old fashioned superstitions and biases

Original Post Deleted

LOL, true!

Although This city boasts of first world infrastructure and the superficiality that comes with it, the views of majority of its citizens are a far cry from it.

Unfortunately Black is still wrong and dirty and white takes the cake despite all its fallacies known to the world outside. Try talking to your colleagues or join some hobby groups, i don't know...

In saying this , not all hk females are gold/white diggers, I hope there are those who'd give any human a try based on their interaction, like a blind person would react to other blind people . I did have couple of African kiwi friends back in nz who got married to Chinese (mainlanders). As far as I know They've definitely had a happily ever after.

mexmon likes this.

I definitely think the sentiment of not seeing very many mixed couples having to do with relative frequency and base rataes, but it reminded me of something I read in a book called dataclysm by the founder of OKCupid.

He ran a lot of analysis based on data generated by users of the site and was able to somewhat infer race bias between the genders. He created a list of tables of the strength of that bias for [race][gender] rating [race][gender].

The relevant table might be this one:

Where as the percent denotes preference vs. average.

The full results can be found here on the okcupid blog but it hasn't been updated since 2014.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and...4-107dcbb4f060

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast