Like Tree91Likes

'Sackings' for asking open exam questions

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...an-has-sparked

Unless otherwise indicated, you can assume the educators approached for quotes are pro-establishment.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Those fuckers

The buckling begins. Dissent gets muted through self-censorship, and the further radicalisation linked with going underground that so far has been avoided may have very unpleasant consequences in time to come.

I have to eat humble pie on this one, when I said the answer was obvious, I clearly overestimated the capacity for critical thinking in the population. I note a similar problem may have occured in a question on a different topic, but may have attracted a lot less heat. Anyway, to those who objected to the design of the question on the principle that critical thinking shouldn’t be part of a history exam (I’ve since seen other such questions included btw), I can now concede the point about design, even though I won’t about whether critical thinking should be included at all.

Also interesting to me, that the numbers getting the question “right” vs. “wrong” roughly mirror the vote in the last DC elections...
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    I have to eat humble pie on this one, when I said the answer was obvious, I clearly overestimated the capacity for critical thinking in the population. I note a similar problem may have occured in a question on a different topic, but may have attracted a lot less heat. Anyway, to those who objected to the design of the question on the principle that critical thinking shouldn’t be part of a history exam (I’ve since seen other such questions included btw), I can now concede the point about design, even though I won’t about whether critical thinking should be included at all.

Also interesting to me, that the numbers getting the question “right” vs. “wrong” roughly mirror the vote in the last DC elections...
    How many didn't answer the question and how many said neither good or bad and how many said Japan and failed to justify it? How many said Japan and had a good argument?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8