View Poll Results: Do you have a British passport or eligible for one?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 44.44%
  • No, but eligible for one

2 11.11%
  • No

8 44.44%
Like Tree8Likes

How many will be interested to take up U.K.’s settlement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Lol, not interested.

The UK govt should also set up programs for HKers who want to move to UK. Housing, stipend, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears:
    Entirely predicatable (insert bold and emoticons), the UK is shit, "I'm ok here", but you always have that insurance policy for you and your family of a safe haven and consular support through British citizenship. This makes you no better than Carrie Lam, CY Leung, Tung Che-wha, Tam Yiu-chung and all the other shoeshiners and sycophants who have ensured their family have escape routes for their cash and family with *full* citizenship to the Anglosphere that gave them those freedoms in the first place above those with BN(O)s.

You feel ok as you will be dead soon before things get worse, perhaps think about the young HKers that follow you into history and worry about them. But no, you're ok.
    @civil_servant that liked your post is the same, such a China shoeshiner but he'll never renounce his Canadian citizenship and become Chinese because even he knows that's a risk to him and his family he could never take.
    Man some people here are just turds... The guy didn't say the UK was crap, he simply says that at his age, he's better suited to HK and he'd rather not leave unless forced to which is more than understandable to normal human beings with manners. He NEVER says that other people shouldn't be going nor does he crap on anyone wanting to leave nor is there any support for laws or government officials. Not everyone needs to be a miserable git like you living here. So in your book of turds, anyone living here with a foreign passport is a sycophant and a shoe shiner? When are you leaving?
    chuckster007 and MandM! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    The guy didn't say the UK was crap
    Yes he did, and has said so before many times before. And it's not his age, he's booked his following generations with an escape route too. Just like so many others who try to deny freedoms to others to protect their own interests while having an insurance policy. He's quite free to renounce his UK citizenship and take Chinese citizenship. The fact he hasn't, and has used his UK citizenship to protect his family, tells you all you need to know.

he'd rather not leave unless forced to
    ..and he can do, as he's not gone all in, despite his posts.

Not everyone needs to be a miserable git like you living here. So in your book of turds, anyone living here with a foreign passport is a sycophant and a shoe shiner? When are you leaving?
    Another one with reading comprehension issues. People with foreign passports who advocate restricting the freedoms of all people living in HK are turds as I clearly state. I am not one of those people. Are you? I make no demands of HK people to sacrifice their freedom in order to "protect" my family, businesses or employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Man some people here are just turds... The guy didn't say the UK was crap, he simply says that at his age, he's better suited to HK and he'd rather not leave unless forced to which is more than understandable to normal human beings with manners. He NEVER says that other people shouldn't be going nor does he crap on anyone wanting to leave nor is there any support for laws or government officials. Not everyone needs to be a miserable git like you living here. So in your book of turds, anyone living here with a foreign passport is a sycophant and a shoe shiner? When are you leaving?
    I just hope the people that want to leave, actually do leave.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3