Like Tree11Likes

With China angry at USA, will HK police grab Americans off the HK streets?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

With China angry at USA, will HK police grab Americans off the HK streets?

Now i read that Trump has ended special economic dispensations for HK and in the future will view HK as an ordinary Chinese city. Of course Beijing gets twisted panties and vows revenge.

When China got angry with Canada two years ago, Beijing grabbed 2 Canadian citizens off the Dalian streets and continues to hold them in secret as some kind of ransom for Ms. Huawei, an alleged financial criminal.

Can, and will, the same thing happen to Americans in Hong Kong?

Hard to understand all the vitriolic talk China spreads over this; after all, we can recognize that HK is part of China, and the USA can offer or deny any city, anywhere, special treatment. Can't China handle such a minor problem?

CCP secret service will not only get you but your whole family. They are evil!

Australia told its citizens not to go to China because of the risk of arbitrary detention. US probably telling its citizens the same.

Have we all got to wear nationality badges to avoid being mistaken for Americans?
    Are Asian Americans going to be accused of deception for looking like locals?

My head is spinning with the complexity of all this.

Last edited by David4Maths; 15-07-2020 at 05:05 PM.

I think it might happen. What wouldn't surprise me is if they boot out all the foreigners.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    I think it might happen. What wouldn't surprise me is if they boot out all the foreigners.
    This is one reason I have not bought a flat in HK- thought about the long-term prospects and figured if I were still here in 2047, they might choose to kick us all out...don't like the whole "land leased from the government" aspect of ownership here...
    Mrs. Jones and Mr Chips like this.

All foreigners in the entire PRC including both SARs?

I predict, same as Canada, it will happen but in the mainland.

will this schoolyard tit for tat retaliation last forever???

Yes please !
    Free airfare, UK Gov handouts and make a fortune from all those liberal snowflakes donating to my go fund me page to "Stand up to the man."

Drain the swamp of pesky foreigners and change all the colonial street names to Chinese ones. Yep I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the direction HK is headed. They’ll probably increase income tax too, just to make it even less attractive to foreigners.

watch that space...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast