Like Tree33Likes

Umbrella poking at your eyes (liability of management/occupier)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I feel like the actions you want to take would somehow undermine national security.

On second thoughts, I think the best thing to do when you are poked in the eye is to dramatically fall to the ground and curl up into the foetal position. Bonus points for loud noises and rolling around in pain.

Since we are increasing our integration with the motherland, we might as well embrace the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I think if you were to grab her umbrella,.forcibly move it out of the way and exclaim loudly about how dangerous not was, you might achieve your desire of it not happening again. Until someone does that she's not going to change.
    I did exactly that before many times in the past.

But there are endless amount of Mainland Chinese women there. [Hint: it's an university campus]

Similar thing happened to me years ago in HK.
    I saw it was coming close to my eye, I simply stuck my hand out to push it away.

Just because she’s not looking where she’s going it doesn’t mean you don’t either.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    On second thoughts, I think the best thing to do when you are poked in the eye is to dramatically fall to the ground and curl up into the foetal position. Bonus points for loud noises and rolling around in pain.

Since we are increasing our integration with the motherland, we might as well embrace the culture.
    that only works in laliga, premier league or the italian league..

Took the words out of my mouth on that one. I was going to ask how recently they moved drom the States.

Looking around HK, it is pretty obvious that safety is personal responsibilty, not someone else's.

get your own umbrella

Try shouting something like “xiaoxing ah!” to wake the person up (from textwalking or whatever is distracting them)

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    that only works in laliga, premier league or the italian league..
    It works in China too. You accuse them of injuring you for life and the court will make them pay you a monthly stipend.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    Let's say you are walking on a private property (outdoor). And it is a bright sunny day.

A Mainland Chinese woman holding an umbrella with her face looking down (ie, not looking straight forward) pokes someone in the eye. The victim is seriously injured.

Can the victim sue the management company (or owner/occupier) of the private property?

What if this has happened before on numerous occasions? Over the course of many years, let's say..

thanks.
    Is this some kind of internet satire, or have you really been here for at least six years and not learned how to walk in HK, in the year round presence of umbrellas?

On a related topic, if someone bumps into me as I am trying to get out an MTR carriage because they don't wait for people to finish getting out, should I sue the MTR corporation?