Like Tree60Likes

TS Kompasu - News

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    You have to hit these recommended 5k steps!
    That's what I do if I'm staying indoors for the whole day - 5k is doable

How abt a sweepstake on when it'll change to T3? At 9am it's 370km away, generally moves 10-15k away/hr. The one last week was T8 when it was within 460km away, this one is stronger, I reckon 2-3pm for T3. Any thoughts?

The winds are not too bad but there's a fair bit of flooding and lots of rain on the way apparently so T8 might go down and be replaced with rain warnings...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathlal:
    That's what I do if I'm staying indoors for the whole day - 5k is doable

How abt a sweepstake on when it'll change to T3? At 9am it's 370km away, generally moves 10-15k away/hr. The one last week was T8 when it was within 460km away, this one is stronger, I reckon 2-3pm for T3. Any thoughts?
    It will be lowered after the HKEX afternoon trading session deadline.. Around 1210-30?
    Last edited by shri; 13-10-2021 at 09:24 AM.

And I won’t be working from home either. Perfect T8 next to a PH.

This is probably the first time I have a full normal working day on a T8. In the past I used to be part of some CMT and we had a few check-in calls in the morning to assess the situation and rest of the day was off. Covid really did change things..

calmathetic9 likes this.

I think the recommended number is now 8k steps.

Conspiracy theorists would probably note the (third) down day for China markets and the failure of the LKS force field.

I hope that is one of COVIDs positive legacy. There are so many administrative tasks that can be done equally from home. Programming and coding... One of my good friends used to be constantly on the road as a technical salesperson and he just had one of his best years without hardly leaving his home and the company saved loads on travel/hotel/meals. Another good friend's company will now allow most employees to WFH if they so choose but they won't get an office. Company saves on office space, he saves time and money on daily commute and on a larger scale, less cars on the road.

Sure some things are lost from face to face interactions and it's not perfect but I think it is generally a positive development.

binance345 likes this.

And as usual we have all the weather experts arguing about a typhoon in their nice solid concrete apartments sitting at their computer desk or in bed with their lovely expensive laptops telling each other they are wrong blah blah blah, poor old street sleepers or villagers in rural areas couldnt give two fucks about you lot, all they know is that its windy, raining and miserable.

Wind is picking up again in Sai Kung. Blustery nothing more than that but certainly stronger than they’ve been for many hours. Two trees down on morning walk, heading out again soon.

Certainly worth its T8 category given the overnight winds here but at the lower end of the scale.

poor old street sleepers or villagers in rural areas couldnt give two fucks about you lot, all they know is that its windy, raining and miserable.
    Fair few emergency services (cops / fire) on the road passing our place... working hard clearing a fallen tree.
    chuckster007 likes this.