Like Tree64Likes

JPM's Jamie Dimon

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    come on.. they need that show to be screened to the 170k visitors into hk each year that are doing their 21 days quarantine.. preparation for ground life after the Q release...
    Nancy Kissel's chocolate milkshake movie should then be shown to people BEFORE they apply for their visas - as a cautionary tale.

Have a feeling he will not get another exemption after this..

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...rty/ar-AAR3gqP

Baklava, qhank, rkenia852 and 2 others like this.

CNN reported this with some more detail and arguably some more problematic comments...

At one point, Dimon compared the political and economic approaches in both countries, saying that in the United States, "we have the gifts of our founding fathers: freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of enterprise, freedom of human capital, immigration."

"If you opened up the doors of America, a billion people would come here. If you open the doors to China, how many people do you think will go there?" he said.
    "[An] autocratic ... economy doesn't work particularly well as a country gets much more sophisticated. And I'm not saying this to be angry to China. I think they have done a better job managing that country than we would have done at managing that country. They are very smart."
    shri and AsianXpat0 like this.

Ha ha. It just shows you for all the posturing and rhetoric in the world when it comes down to reality both business and politics are so deeply dependent on relations with, and investment in China.

Call me very slow but it’s just dawned on me that the non quarantine he benefitted from was probably a contributing factor to their money offer to cover family visit QT costs

calmathetic9 and qhank like this.

On that note, one more biggie joined the QT cost bandwagon.. Observe the obvious timeline, Govt announced no more QT free travel and bigies immediately come up with QT cost reimbursement and the scheme is ending in Nov-22 (Keep guessing who consulted who first/later and any hidden/obvious message indicating how long this drama will continue which in turn co-incides with timeline for someone officially becoming ruler for life and so on)...

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/183442/

ByeByeEngland and qhank like this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5