Like Tree170Likes

Huge fire at World Trade Center?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Huge fire at World Trade Center?

My office is at Causeway Bay, I noticed just now as I stepped out for lunch, all the streets were congested. Now CWB is clogged with traffic at the best of times. But even so, the streets were unusually congested. I was wondering why when my colleague told me the cause of congestion was apparently a huge fire at the World Trade Center. Anyone can confirm this?

Yep...

A fire broke out at 12:00 p.m. at the World Trade Center in Causeway Bay, emitting a large amount of smoke. Firefighters arrived at the scene and helped the trapped people to leave, and raised the fire alarm to level 3 at around 1pm. The firefighters sent two smoke cap teams with two hoses, and many ambulances also came to the scene to help. It is understood that a number of people at the scene reported sickness, for the time being there are three people suspected of suffering from smoke inhalation sickness. The building in question is undergoing renovation work, suspected of scaffolding fire, a large amount of smoke from the gaps in the external wall scaffolding out. The building about 100 people evacuated to the platform location, fire trucks repeatedly raised the ladder to rescue trapped people, some people were carried to the stretcher bed. Some people were still trapped in the restaurant inside the building.
    https://std.stheadline.com/realtime/article/1787931/

And they are still eating?

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    And they are still eating?

Well done.
    It's the most HK thing ever.

In HK fire alarms ringing means nothing, most people just ignore it unless they hear people screaming FIRE

Seeing that post above with people still eating when there is so much smoke already coming into the restaurant is frightening. What a bunch of idiots. I would have legged out of there ASAFP without even paying any bills. lol

chuckster007, Baklava and Andy SNK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I just heard on radio hundreds are still trapped inside the WTC? Another source said a "dozen", the number seems to vary wildly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast