Who will you burn in effigy today ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who will you burn in effigy today ?

The glorious 5th is with us Brits today where we should be burning effigy and letting of fireworks in celebration of the defeat of the catholic plot of Guy Fawkes and his bunch of brothers. Whilst eating greasy burgers and standing in damp cold fields or standing in our back gardens trying to out " woooooo, weeeeee, ahhhhhhh " the neighbours display of fireworks.

It is our tradition to burn either Guy Fawkes or someone especially " hateful " in effigy on our bonfires.
    Effigy Of Katie Price, aka, Jordan, To Be Burned At The Stake At Bonfire Celebration In Edenbridge | Showbiz News | Sky News

Who would you put on the bonfire this year?
    Remember it has to be tongue in cheek, so Donald Tsang and Kim Jong IL have no value.

I can't think of anyone I hate that much - so instead can I make a cardboard version of the word "awesome" and shove that on?

I'd add the word "gutted" and a effigy of the downstairs contractor who is torturing us every Saturday sharp 9:00am with the sound of jackhammers and hammer drills - for 2 months already

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Had Guido Fawkes lived today, his plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament would have failed the 'Elf n Safety risk assessment (Sir, we believe you have not left sufficient time between lighting said fuse and the massive explosion to exit safely from the area).

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    I'd add the word "gutted" and a effigy of the downstairs contractor who is torturing us every Saturday sharp 9:00am with the sound of jackhammers and hammer drills - for 2 months already
    Only 2 months Elle!!! I have been waking up every saturday at 8 am for more than one year and just when I thought its all going to end, as the building is near completion, govt started with breaking down old buildings and well create new ones....I am on the verge of quitting friday night drinks, just so my hangover isn't aided with the hammering next door.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Only 2 months Elle!!! I have been waking up every saturday at 8 am for more than one year and just when I thought its all going to end, as the building is near completion, govt started with breaking down old buildings and well create new ones....I am on the verge of quitting friday night drinks, just so my hangover isn't aided with the hammering next door.
    I salute you for your endurance
    Maybe you should have a very big bonfire tonight

Development and urbanisation comes with its social repurcussions too. To be deprived of the Friday night liberation festivities is indeed inhuman. Where's that what's- her-face redevelopment secretary? I want her effigy thrown into that flame. Carrie something, I believe her name is.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    ....I am on the verge of quitting friday night drinks, just so my hangover isn't aided with the hammering next door.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I'm an American but I burn George W. Bush in effigy every day.

Quote Originally Posted by srvblooze:
    I'm an American but I burn George W. Bush in effigy every day.
    You don't have to be American to do that...i.e. burn GWB effigy.

Thanks Elle/Shakermaker for your nice words...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast