Like Tree6Likes

A Word About HKDR

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Word About HKDR

It's lengthy but worth it to read the whole thing if you are thinking of supporting or adopting a rescue dog. A Word About HKDR

Methinks this post won't stay up for long.

animal welfare people - more political than anyone you'll ever meet! do not cross!!!!

What a sad tale either way

Yes HKDR is not perfect and no organisation is but the good work done by them of course far exceeds the bad.

Yes its a sad story which I am not going to comment on further as this should be between HKDR and the dog owners themselves rather than being put in the public domain which frankly is going to do more harm.

The only loser is Big Ears if he ends up back in the shelter.

I hope this post does stay up as its important for people to understand the limitations from adopting from an animal welfare group that can force the return of a happy dog.

Not sure if this would occur at SPCA or through private adoption.

Cant seem to view your blog as its protected. Even after logging in, cant be viewed. If you are going to make it public, why bother protecting it ?

HC

I can't read it either

Sorry, folks, I have temporarily made the blog post private in an attempt to reach the best resolution for Big Ears. If you are keen to read what was there then shoot me a line and I'll forward you the emails as I still feel it's important for people to know all sides of how HKDR operates.

I read the emails before you blocked it. It does seem to me that Sally is acting emotionally rather than logically, but this is often the way with pets. I see no logic in her argument that she thinks you will have to give the dog up later so you should give it up now. This would be valid if the dog had only been with you a few days and therefore not bonded but this is not the case.

Best wishes and hope it gets sorted.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast