Pet relocation companies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by lsblue:
    Dear Readers

WE will be leaving HK around May 2010. We need to sort out arrangements for our cat travelling from HK to England can you please recommend a good pet relocation company and shelter home for her to stay 2-3 months whilst we finalize everything. What are the procedures and costs?

Many thanks
    I used PetAir UK to relocate my Jack Russell Terrier from London. I went for the gold service - which means I do not worry about anything from paperwork to pickup. The service was door-to-door. They pick her up from London, sent her to airport and arranged for a local agent to clear the HK side and sent her to my house. Crate and air ticket included in the costs. They charged me around 1300 quid for everything. PetAir had boarding services too. I would recommend them.

PetAir UK - worldwide air pet transport by qualified vets

Do it yourself.. you'll save a ton of money and it's very easy to do.

pet collection

Hi MD23

I am planning to bring in my cats myself. What collection company did you use to help you collect the pets from the cargo terminal? Do you have a number?

thanks
    d

Smile Anyone can throw some light on India to HK

Hello folks,
    I am simply amazed at how less it is costing.
    I was given quiet an expensive quote [60% is the crate cost]
    does everyone actually BUY the crate? should be rental available i believe???

Also, can anyone tell me what are the procedures to be done once in HK during the 4 month quarantine?

Thanks a lot
    Ranjith

Quote Originally Posted by ranjithc:
    Hello folks,
    I am simply amazed at how less it is costing.
    I was given quiet an expensive quote [60% is the crate cost]
    does everyone actually BUY the crate? should be rental available i believe???

Also, can anyone tell me what are the procedures to be done once in HK during the 4 month quarantine?

Thanks a lot
    Ranjith
    I recently moved from singapore to hk and had my cat shipped in a few days after i landed here, so i could have accomodation etc sorted before he got here, theres not much choice for a decent pet friendly apartment/hotel - there are a couple i found if anyone needs to know. I used a company called Pet Embassy in singapore, who then contacted an agency called Aeropet in HK for door to door delivery, they both had amazing service and I would highly recommend them. Aeropet, was even so precise with the exact time they would deliver my lil cat :-).

Ranjithc - I did have to buy a crate from the Pet Embassy in Singapore, which for a cat cost about 160SGD... and though it is possible for the whole process to be done yourself, i just didnt want to take a chance as this was our first move with our cat and i didnt want anything to go wrong! And we are from India too! though we adopted our cat in singapore so he was saved the 4 month quarantine.

Hi all

I just moved my two kitties from Perth, Australia to Hong Kong. I highly recommend Kelvin from Aeropet HK. He was very responsive and helpful and seemed genuinely happy to see us reunited with our boys when he delivered them today. He took care of all the paperwork etc and delivered the cats at exactly the time he said he would. Also, his price is fair especially compared to other companies (I found at least).

Definitely go for Aeropet!