Pet & Child Friendly Serviced Accom in HK

Pet & Child Friendly Serviced Accom in HK

We are getting closer to moving to HK with my hubby's work and I think our best option would be to rent serviced accom for a month or two while we look for a place to rent (not serviced). I am seeking your advice on two fronts:
    1) Do you know of nice serviced accom with transport (one bus/MTR stop or even tram) to Kowloon that allow pets - cats so not loud or messy or anything.
    2) Which suburb/buildings do you live/have seen which have children playrooms/pools etc as well as facilities close by such as supermarket and pools etc? I'm thinking of a budget of $15K per month - is this realistic?

We did live in HK 5 years ago BC (before children)

PS: I know of Shama Soho but I don't feel that is also child friendly - please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks very much.
    ozexpat

Last edited by ozexpat; 24-08-2006 at 12:28 PM.

Hello

Hello,

Service Appartment
    The North Point Plaza hotel in Quarry bay offers a lot of nice service appartments. Price is arround 17000.

Pet and children friendly appartments
    I live now at Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho. This is a brand new building with a lot of facilities like pool, gym, children playground, bowling, wellness, spa, snooker room, smoker room, game room, etc. I pay now 16500 HKD for an 800sqf appartment with harbour view.

Re: schorizo

Thanks

Do you mean Harbour Plaza North Point? We stayed there when it first opened and loved it but unless their rules have changed they do not accept pets.

The serviced accom also needs to be pet and child friendly.

Many thanks
    ozexpat

Ozexpat - Pet friendly serviced apartments are hard to come by. When we moved over 2 years ago we tried ~9 different ones and they all said no, so we ended up arranging things so that we could move directly into our rented apartment instead. Now, given all this, I read on one of other Geoexpat threads that one of the Shama apartments allows pets. Haven't confirmed it myself, but give it a try.....www.shama.com. Good luck with your move!

Nina, Thats the Shama Soho -- not kid friendly from what I've seen.

One option might be to put your pets up in a seperate facility while you house hunt.

Hi Ozexpat,

We're in the same situation as you (cats,not kids though) - we tried loads of places and couldn't find anywhere that would accepts pets except Shama and Hotel LKF - but the cost was just ridiculous (especially Hotel LKF where you have to hire 2 rooms if you are bringing pets).

In the end we've arranged to have our cats stay at Ferndale cattery whilst we find a flat. Hopefully this won't take us too long - as I'm not looking forward to being seperated from them.

Jen

Looks like Serviced apartments are still a problem with pets. If you are a couple and can travel separately that's another way to do it. This is what we ended up doing it. We house-hunted together for a week. Then, my husband came first and started settling in. I stayed behind, packed up and flew over with the cats when the apartment was ready for move-in. A bit of a pain I know, but I couldn't bear to be separated from my cats..

Wink re pets

In my place at Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho pets are allowed. There are many people with dogs. I my opinion you should look directly for a non serviced appartment. Price difference is too big. For that difference you can easy buy all the furnitures at IKEA and after 6 months the difference is paied and you live much cheaper from the first month on.