Limit to owning one dog in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread

Limit to owning one dog in Hong Kong?

I'm considering a move to HK and would like to bring my dog from the US. Ideally I would like to get another dog, as I work long hours and would like her to have a "friend" other than the dog walker. Particularlly as she is accustomed to being with my sister's dog at the moment.

But I read somethingstating that households are not permitted to own more than one dog.

Is this true?

Many thanks.

This is most definitely not true - My fiance and I have three dogs! Husky, Dingo Mongurel and a Shitzu. However, sometimes there might be buildings that dont allow dogs or there is a limitation on animals with specifics - ie. only small dogs and so on.

Thanks Pixieffort - I thought that sounded like a strange rule!

Hi,

You are not completely wrong poogleypie. There is a place in Yuen Long called 'Fairview Park' which has that exact policy. One dog only. I was told that many residents own more than one dog but if there is complaint, the management has the right to take action...

Quote Originally Posted by en_sursis:
    I was told that many residents own more than one dog but if there is complaint, the management has the right to take action...
    This rule applies to all estates! When there are more than 3 complaints in a while, management will proceed with further action...