Where to find an aquiarium

Closed Thread

Where to find an aquiarium

Hi, I moved to Tung Chung recently and am interested in keeping a small (Yes a small) aquiarium in my apartment . with some small fish (tetras , platies , zebra danios) I saw the models BIORB & BIOUBE on net and am interested. Does asomebody know where I could buy one of those.

I think the other stuff (fish , plants , rocks etc ) could be bought from Goldfish market Mongkok . But would I find some decent looking , small aquiarium sets , there as well .

Between Mongkok and Prince Edward Road at the East Side of Nathan Road.

Well Thank you, I should visit the place very soon.

Specifically it's on Tungchoi Street. The easiest way to get there is to take the MTR to Prince Edward and get off at either B1 (Prince Edward Road) or B2 (Saiyeungchoi Street), then walk to Tungchoi Street.

Cool Saltwater Aquarium ?

Someone on the "Dark Side" [As1axpat] was offering a Saltwater aquarium in recent days.

I wouldn't have mentioned that excessively 'rule blown' competitor except that there's that interesting item available some days ago - maybe still there.

Arowana Fish

Hai , Hallo

Since you stay in Tung Chung , can you help me found out about the fish shop , especially Arowana fish , how much they sell in HK ?

Check out fish street like the others suggested, many shops have really neat setups that you can copy. They sell all sorts for tanks and supplies, i don't think i've seen any biorbs though.

Biorbs may look nice but they are not that good for keeping fish. A biorb is nothing more than a glorified fish bowl with inadequate filtration, minimal surface area and they are difficult to clean and maintain.

For 5 and 8 gallon tanks (i assume that's what you mean by small), you are better off with a rectangular tank so you can make better use of what little space there is. You can choose your own filtration, lighting and heating so it allows you to be more flexible with your choice of fish.