Park Island Agenda Number 5
Item 3 - To protect plants, dog owners must not allow their dogs to enter the grass land or planters inside the estate.

There are 7 other agenda items which refer to dogs-owners and are very reasonable and even common sense. Even if the agenda items do not pass with enough vote to become compulsory, they will become a "voluntary clause" and come into effect on 1/1/07.

Item number 8 - Management Company staff are authorized to take photographs for follow up of compulsory clauses violations.

The main reason I moved to Park Island was for the grass areas for the dog, which has not been a problem since November 2005 when I arrived.

Be aware there is an "anti-dog" movement on Park Island and it remains to be seen the outcome. Some of the discussed behavior code is more stringent than Hong Kong law.

My personal feeling ~ I will not renew the Park Island lease and move near some of the larger parks on Central Island which are dog friendly. Additionally I would enjoy the added bonus of a taxi home late nights.