Siberian Husky Pups

Closed Thread

Siberian Husky Pups

Hi Just Wondering If Anyone Knows Of A Petshop In Hk Who Buy Puppie's(siberian Husky Pups.i Live In Australia.

Wouldn't they suffer in HK summers?

hi no australia gets very hot they climatise well

I really think there are more than enough purebreed dogs in the shelters here already...
    There are more than enough pet stores selling poorly bred dogs and cats here, sometimes even re-selling them if they are sick and get returned, not including parvo, distemper, FIV that is passed around to a lot of the dogs and cats in the pet stores...

What part of 'Siberian Husky' makes you think they adapt well to a hot, arrid climate on the other side of the world from their native habitat?

Agreed jlongboard! The pet shops here are abysmal, with the poor dogs treated without any regard for their health or well-being. Shelters like HKDR are always getting in purebred huskies 'cos many ppl in Hong Kong perceive purebreds like retreivers and huskies as some sort of status symbol / accessory and they just don't understand that a purebred large dog actually requires work. attention and care.

If you sold your husky to a pet shop the likliehood is it'd be abandoned like so many others!

Agree with the other posters! I've seen too many Siberian huskies panting it out in HK. Unfortunately the Siberian's became really popular after the Disney movie "Eight Below" came out. Now, we see huskies showing up all over the dog shelters as owners become tired of them. Not an encouraging result...

Last edited by nina_70; 20-11-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Just like all those abandoned dalmations after 101 Dalmations came out a few years back.