No dogs allowed in the building!!!help!!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

k, i got the dog trainer info. her name is Rosalind Cheung and her card says 'certified dog trainer and behaviour counsellor'. her number is 9184 5606, email is [email protected]
    i'm sure you'll find a lot of your neighbours and management will relax a bit once they get to know you and realize that your dog is friendly.

thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinhk:
    k, i got the dog trainer info. her name is Rosalind Cheung and her card says 'certified dog trainer and behaviour counsellor'. her number is 9184 5606, email is [email protected]
    i'm sure you'll find a lot of your neighbours and management will relax a bit once they get to know you and realize that your dog is friendly.
    Thank you!

The lawyer decided he can't represent us

It is really unbeleivable.
    The ("my") lawyer sent me a letter saying he and the agency are in close business relationshup so he won't be able to represent me....
    such a shock! Do anyone know a lawyer in Hong Kong that really love and cares about dogs? not just a greedy one,someone with a heart?

hi liat,

just a few questions, have you actually received a formal letter from the management or their lawyers requesting the removal of your dog? was it just a note saying that pets are not allowed in the building?
    usually, no matter what property you buy in hong kong, even if the developer promotes it as pet-friendly, has stipulations on the land deed that no pets are allowed. in most cases, the management needs to receive 3 complaints from residents before they can take action.
    in my case, the same thing happened to me but after so many years, nothing happened after the first complaint and the neighbours / residents have become rather friendly.
    i haven't heard of any legal action being taken in hong kong to remove a pet apart from mei foo sun chuen which has a strict no-pet policy and they will take immediate action legally.
    give it some time when you move in and you might be pleasantly surprised.
    out of curiosity, could you mention the building you are moving into?
    don't forget that dogs need time to adapt to their new surroundings and often bark at strange noises in their new environment.
    good luck liat and keep us informed.

my dog

Quote Originally Posted by en_sursis:
    hi liat,

just a few questions, have you actually received a formal letter from the management or their lawyers requesting the removal of your dog? was it just a note saying that pets are not allowed in the building?
    usually, no matter what property you buy in hong kong, even if the developer promotes it as pet-friendly, has stipulations on the land deed that no pets are allowed. in most cases, the management needs to receive 3 complaints from residents before they can take action.
    in my case, the same thing happened to me but after so many years, nothing happened after the first complaint and the neighbours / residents have become rather friendly.
    i haven't heard of any legal action being taken in hong kong to remove a pet apart from mei foo sun chuen which has a strict no-pet policy and they will take immediate action legally.
    give it some time when you move in and you might be pleasantly surprised.
    out of curiosity, could you mention the building you are moving into?
    don't forget that dogs need time to adapt to their new surroundings and often bark at strange noises in their new environment.
    good luck liat and keep us informed.

Hi and thank you for the reply.I did not receive any letter.I only tried to walk in to the building with my dog and the guards did not let me in.There is a note posted on the notice board "no dogs allowed" as well as inside the elevator along with "no smoking" etc.
    The building is "Goldwin Heights" in Seymour road #2.I will try to kepp my dog hoping the neighbours will not complain.Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by liat:
    I will try.He barks when he hear other dogs bark or when someone rings the bell,when the phone rings and even when someone in in the door or just a neighboor ioens the door.Not out of boardom and usually not at night.
    Well, it's quite normal for the dogs bark when someone rings the bell or when someone in the door.

The best advice I can give you is get to know your neighbors. Show that you are working hard to take care of any issues and if they could come to you first w/ their concerns before they go to management. If they get to know you (and your dog) they would be less likely to complain.

Even though our dog is pretty quiet, she is 9 now and was real wild in her youth, we always stop and talk to our neighbors and ask if the dog is too noisy and if she bothers them. Luckily they have been really nice and aren't concerned. Extend the olive branch.

Last edited by smelly; 06-12-2006 at 03:24 PM.

hi again,

seems like good advice from everyone. it usually rings true once you have settled in and also since the security are new to you as well, they will seem unfriendly at first.
    you haven't actually received a formal written warning so there is really nothing they can do and most likely (fingers crossed) they won't proceed to do anything further.
    it's amazing though how friendly the guards become around chinese new year and after receiving a few red packets they will most likely end up opening the doors for you and your dog!!

oh, by the way, in correlation with smelly's advice and extending an olive branch, it does actually work. i asked my neighbours living on the same floor if my dog bothered them in regards to barking (she only barks when the doorbell rings or someone enters the flat) and surprisingly, they were all very friendly and ended up apologizing to me instead for the constant noise their kids make.
    it is also a good idea to check the resident directly underneath as the sound of your dogs nails in contact with a hard surface may bother them. hong kong's housing isn't really designed to be sound-proof and just dropping a pen can most likely be heard in the flat below.

thank you'll!!!!