Want to buy a dog - Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Closed Thread

Want to buy a dog - Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

We are looking to buy a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

We went around the pet shops in Causeway Bay and did see a Pet shop and talked to the manager who seemed to be quite knowledegable and helpful.

However, research on the web shows one should try and buy direct from the breeder and pet shops are not the right place. I have also read some of the negative stuff on this forums on pet shops.

So, can anyone recommend the best way to buy the Calaievr King Charles Spaniel and what to look out for.

Pls note that we are not interested in the adoption from HK Dog rescue etc purely on the grounds we want a pure breed and as a puppy to grow with us.

Don't know how best to proceed .....

Last edited by Katanga; 03-12-2006 at 02:34 PM. Reason: change title

Have you tried the SPCA for dogs purebred dogs which have been given up? There are often KC's form what I have seen.

Katanga : send a PM to "VetInHK" .. he might be able to offer some opinions to you.

Smile

I just recently bought a Corgi from a Breeder from the net as well. You can actually buy it in Pet Shop, just do some research on which one got better reputation. I think the one in Causeway Bay are better than those in victory Road in Mongkok. More reliable and they were longer exstablish. Even you got it from a Breeder, they might get ill and no gaurantee. Just try your luck. You can check the following website for selling puppies:

www.hkpet.net
    www.ipetchannel.com
    www.Y28lifestyle.com
    www.doggieplus.com
    www.dogonelife.com

folks

thanks a lot for your tips.

Shri, I'll PM the resident Vet expert.

I'll keep people posted. I doubt I am going to see 2006 through without buying the KC.

Lulu

which breeder did you buy from...which web site.

Some of the sites you list are in chinese only.

Is there a pet shop you would recommend ?

ta

Wink

Kantanga> I got a welsh corgi at hk pet.net . Yes they are in chinese but the breeder usually understands english, so no worries. There are photos, price and email address, you can write or call them.

For pet shop, the one in Cannon street in Causeway Bay seems ok but you need to look at them carefully. There is one called mega pet, which is a big chain store. They import pets as well but more pricy. The other one call Flag ship pet shop which they have a lot of different rearer breeds and i defo saw some KC before there, I really bought my corgi there but you need to bargain. They chow chow, bull terrier, not easy to find in other pet shops. Ask them to give you 2 weeks gaurantee and al these shops been there for a while, so should be alright.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu1688:
    Kantanga> I got a welsh corgi at hk pet.net . Yes they are in chinese but the breeder usually understands english, so no worries. There are photos, price and email address, you can write or call them.

For pet shop, the one in Cannon street in Causeway Bay seems ok but you need to look at them carefully. There is one called mega pet, which is a big chain store. They import pets as well but more pricy. The other one call Flag ship pet shop which they have a lot of different rearer breeds and i defo saw some KC before there, I really bought my corgi there but you need to bargain. They chow chow, bull terrier, not easy to find in other pet shops. Ask them to give you 2 weeks gaurantee and al these shops been there for a while, so should be alright.

Good luck.
    lulu1688,

What about brown poodles? Are they available in the shops that you mentioned?

Exclamation

sunniefaith> yes there is a toy poodle shop in Cannon street too. But as what i said, ask someone who knows dogs to go with you and ask them for a gaurantee when you bought it.

Their price range is around 6800 - 9800 HKD, but if you get it from the net you might get some from 3500 - 6800 HKD, but then all are not gaurantee and toy poodle have a lot if different breed and sizes, real toy poodle is expensive.

Wow,

Poodles are really expensive...or rather dogs are really expensive. Maybe I should just be happy with my maltese when she comes next Feb.