Vets in Shatin

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have to agree with vetinHK - kideny disease is a very difficult disease to treat. Would be interested to know what the common treatment that helped was (I would have considered the method used by the Wanchai Clinic as the common method in my experience).

Re- the specific doctor, I don't want to come across as a cheerleader but I do know that other vets in HK will send some difficult cases to this doctor specifically. He seems to have the respect of his peers.

However, as mentioned before vets are human and perhaps there was poor communication or other probs in specific cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexus:
    Hi PC Man,

The common method is to put the animal on the drip everyday at home. It's very simple. Before when I used the other method (hospitalised my dog), my dog was a lot better when it left the clinic, but dropped very quickly (within a few days).....
    Hello Lexus,

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I am not sure this is really a "common method", unless I am mistaken. The most common method of treating almost any creature with renal failure is intravenous fluids. I am honestly curious about this, please let me know.

Do you mean subcutaneous fluids?

Cheers,

Vet in HK