Where can I get a Guinea Pig in Hong Kong????!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My guess is that she wants a guinea pig as she can't get a guy, and that the cuddling is a tenderizing process before slapping the unfortunate beast on the bbq.

Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods said they tasted delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    More of a purse I would think. Not really big enough to make a handbag.
    You could get it tattooed with "This is not a plastic bag"

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You could get it tattooed with "This is not a plastic bag"
    Probably not acceptable to locals as the writing would be so small other people wouldn't be able to read it and appreciate what it is.

Probably not acceptable to locals as the writing would be so small other people wouldn't be able to read it and appreciate what it is.
    If it had a designer label I am sure they would be queuing to get them. Gucci Guinea Pig Bag, Armani Hampster Holdalls.

More of a purse I would think. Not really big enough to make a handbag.
    Coin purse.

Guinea pigs are sold in a small petshop in the basement level of President Plaza (or something like that) near the Excelsior Hotel in Causeway Bay. Next door to the hotel is a shopping mall called World Trade Center, I think. And just next to that (on Jaffe Rd.) is the plaza. It's just a bunch of storefronts on the street level with an entrance or two leading to the interior and the staircase. Downstairs, there are a lot of adult toy shops, seamstresses, and misc shops. The pet shop with the guinea pigs (and chinchillas) is along the west wall.

Check out the pet stores on Tung Choi Street by Mongkok. Just one street but has at least 10 pet stores. I was just there and saw a lot of fish, dogs, cats, rabbits and hamsters, probably had some Guinea Pigs too.

Quote Originally Posted by klbytec:
    Check out the pet stores on Tung Choi Street by Mongkok. Just one street but has at least 10 pet stores. I was just there and saw a lot of fish, dogs, cats, rabbits and hamsters, probably had some Guinea Pigs too.
    Second this, the entire street is full of pet shops and there are multiple shops there that specifically sell "small pets" ie. rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs. food, hay, snacks, cages, toys.. everything you would need. They even had chinchillas and SKINNY pigs (hairless guinea pigs, SUPER cute).

Take the MTR to Prince Edward Station. Exit B2 to the "Goldfish Market".