FYI new pet insurance

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FYI new pet insurance

http://www.royalsunalliance.com.hk/p...t_petguard.pdf

Good info. Thanks Jen.

Same company is running through several different clinics now I think.

One I found is at www.petscentralinsurance.com

The problem with the pets central insurance is they have a limit per illness - so if you pet developed something long term, like diabetes, you'd be screwed.

I'm looking into this at the moment for my two, the sun alliance ones seems to be the best, but even that's not as good as the UK ones.

agreed. nothing beats the UK insurance. but the alliance one is the only one i've found with no limits per visit and at only a hundred or so per month.

Not sure if they're twisting the truth but just spoke to Pets Central Insurance broker and claim no limits per disease or per visit - just has limit for your plan per year.

Quoted up to $100,000 worth of treatment per year depending on policy but pre-existing probs excluded.

No mention if premiums go up though if use a lot...

Still only talking so haven't seen the small print.

Gather the sunalliance does both policies though so don't think there is any difference???

Well unless they're give you that in writing I'd be cautious. On their website they say for (eg the most expensive premium) a max of $25,000 "per incident" in the illness and injury section but it doesn't define what they mean by an "incident".

In the UK the cheaper plans will allow unlimited claims per year, but when you come to renew your insurance the next year the illness is treated as 'pre-existing' and therefore no longer covered. The whole thing is such a scam

I just looked at the SunAlliance one and you're right the cover is the same. I might try to find a vet here and see if they have any views on it all.

Quote Originally Posted by PC_Man:
    Not sure if they're twisting the truth but just spoke to Pets Central Insurance broker and claim no limits per disease or per visit - just has limit for your plan per year.

Quoted up to $100,000 worth of treatment per year depending on policy but pre-existing probs excluded.

No mention if premiums go up though if use a lot...

Still only talking so haven't seen the small print.

Gather the sunalliance does both policies though so don't think there is any difference???

Confirmed both plans are called Petguard and essentially same.

Worth chatting with your vet but unless you use SPCA or Pets Central I don't think they'll be that keen.
    As far as I understand, the policies are directly linked to the clinic groups, so may not be able to use at other vets.

Waiting to hear back about the renewal exclusions.

Never did pet insurance in UK so can't compare...

cool thanks! keep us posted.

I think, as with most insurance policies, you really need to sus out the fine print. To my understanding most the policies available here in HK are not overly rewarding (as stated before - limitations, exclusions as to "pre-existing conditions" etc etc). However, as most of my knowledge is hearsay, I will do some homework on this and get back. I do think that the Policy PetCentral Man has mentioned may be a little exclusive for most people in HK. I think I would really do some homework before investing in such policies.

I will do some scouting to see if I can find anything worth a mention.

Cheers,

Vet in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast