Like Tree7Likes

Where can i buy a pug or english bulldog?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can i buy a pug or english bulldog?

Interested in buying a pug or english bulldog,i am aware that the pet stores here have animals which are in questionable health. Any other suggestions? I have been to causeway bay and mong kong already.

Thanks

Have you looked in the shelters? SPCA, AFCD, HK Dog Rescue etc.

You can google the contact details.

They have all sorts of dogs and they need a new home - much better than purchasing one.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 18-10-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    jimbo and mebbehk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Have you looked in the shelters? SPCA, AFCD, HK Dog Rescue etc.

You can google the contact details.

They have all sorts of dogs and they need a new home - much better than purchasing one.
    Was going to suggest the same! So many dogs looking for homes and a second chance...why buy when you can adopt. Animals are not toys/accessories/status symbols, a dog is a dog, and breed should not be a factor (in utopia i suppose)

Yup HK dog rescue for sure, Don't encourage those puppy farms

Rescue agencies and SPCA are full of lovely dogs. Some are mutts but many are purebreds.
    We got ourselves a 1 year old Pug from the SPCA (Causeway Bay) 6 years ago and are very happy with it. The selection changes very regularly. Pay them a visit and see what they have currently.

HC

I got my pug from a shelter in HK too and he is the best !
    He is healthy without any social problems people think shelter dogs have and has never had 'an accident' indoors and follows me around like my shadow so no problems with bonding as these are the normal concerns.

I just emailed all of the shelters here that I wanted a young, friendly and healthy pug and they let me know when something came up, 1 month later we had a dog !

I contacted all the links from this blog/site I found through google.

Somewhere like HK where the shelters are overflowing with young, friendly purebreds you really don't need to buy at all, you can literally get any breed of dog here '2nd hand' if you wait long enough.

This is him, I still look at him and can't believe someone just threw him out

Last edited by London2HK; 18-10-2010 at 02:59 PM.

HK Dog Rescue still has puppy bulldogs, don't buy! Don't encourage those who keep dogs in cages for money!! They are beautiful, go to their website or add them in Facebook!!

Quote Originally Posted by London2HK:
    I got my pug from a shelter in HK too and he is the best !
    He is healthy without any social problems people think shelter dogs have and has never had 'an accident' indoors and follows me around like my shadow so no problems with bonding as these are the normal concerns.

I just emailed all of the shelters here that I wanted a young, friendly and healthy pug and they let me know when something came up, 1 month later we had a dog !

I contacted all the links from this blog/site I found through google.

Somewhere like HK where the shelters are overflowing with young, friendly purebreds you really don't need to buy at all, you can literally get any breed of dog here '2nd hand' if you wait long enough.

This is him, I still look at him and can't believe someone just threw him out
    OMG that is such an adorable dog!!!!!!! i wish i could have one too! what a lucky boy (or gal?) he / she is to have found you!

Quote Originally Posted by cow1201:
    OMG that is such an adorable dog!!!!!!! i wish i could have one too! what a lucky boy (or gal?) he / she is to have found you!
    He is a boy and actually we feel like the lucky ones, he just has the best personality!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast