Like Tree17Likes

Tortoise Tea in Hong Kong!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

PDLM is obviously American and unable to do "irony" little word big meaning.

Please don't eat "snow crabs" legs its completely destroying the species, no its not a "Chinese food" its just a crab. Many other nations eat them too which is depleating them very rapidly.

These crabs live for hundreds of years and don't grow fast enough to be a viable food for any of us OK.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    What have dogs got to do with it?
    You mentioned HKDR, and I can't imagine it's a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul101:
    PDLM is obviously American
    No, he is a drunken racist pommy, like all of us here.

I dont eat anything thats not
    Even though you eat anything Chinese?
    bookblogger and Dreadnought like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Even though you eat anything Chinese?
    Heavens alive this is just a ploy to deviate from the topic, gawd knows why maybe he/she owns shares in Hung Fook Tong or is simply a bored troll.

I eat anything Chinese, that is to say the way they prepare food. Endangered species are eaten by the Chinese like Tiger bone, penis etc but tigers are certainly not Chinese, thats because there's became extinct many many years ago cause they ate them all in the mistaken idea that they would make them all randy.

I eat sustainable wild animals like ostriches that are free range farmed in South Africa and other species culled because of necessity, over crowing or what ever? I certainly however don't eat those monstrous Ostriches produced in China that have never seen a field before and are fed on ground up pig left overs.

Any other silly obfuscations?

This company "Hung Fook Tong" is using an endangered species of tortoise as an ingriedient in its tea, true or not? We don't know but they are claiming too on buses and the metro!

If not and its using an allowed terrapin species instead it must stop advertising tortoise in its tea! Not so?

However if its using the tortoise it must be prosecuted on the spot.

I'm not so worried if it is the case that it is simply using a dirty common polluted terrapin species from some China water way but then it must say that and with the appropriate picture?

If they are breeding these same species cleanly and legally then also fine (free range preferably) on a massive scale, ie purpose and mass produced common terrapin for tea then sure? Make that plain.

So far however all they are claiming to do is to be using a protected species of tortoise for some rubbish tea?????

So Paul to clarify things

You eat anything chinese thats not endangered.

So you'll eat Chicken in a local chinese restaurant which is 99% guaranteed not to be free range.
    You won't eat those ostriches that are not free range and fed on ground up pig left overs.

What do you think the chickens from China eat? Yup the exact same type of thing as those Ostriches, You really don't think they're fed on 100 pure organic grains do you?

Dreadnought likes this.

However if its using the tortoise it must be prosecuted on the spot.
    Under what law?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Which of the following protected tortoise species are you talking about Paul?

Geochelone nigra or Geochelone elephantopus
    Geochelone radiata
    Geochelone yniphora
    Gopherus flavomarginatus
    Homopus bergeri
    Malacochersus tornieri
    Psammobates geometricus
    Pyxis planicauda
    Pyxis arachnoides
    Testudo graeca
    Testudo hermanni
    Testudo kleinmanni
    Testudo marginata
    Testudo wernei

And how can you confirm whether the actual species is used in the jelly as opposed to some designer thinking "what a pretty picture, I'll use that in the ads"?

jimbo, PDLM and cow1201 like this.

I think its absolute bollocks when people who themselves happily eat some poor creature, justifying that as oh its free range or massive production or bred for the very purpose, and then get their knickers tight over some other poor creature in the name of extinction, what load of rubbish!!!
    Its like a serial rapist saying, hey, I just rape them, I don't kill them like the serial killer...huh!!! holier than thou!!! Either you respect all lives or you don't, its as simple as that. Don't say I eat xyz, but I don't eat abc.....

pinkelephant likes this.

I believe they use this
    Cuora trifasciata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It is illegal to hunt wild ones in China and Hong Kong.
    I bet they use farmed ones.
    Here is the site of one farm. http://en.cnjqg.com/newEbiz1/EbizPor...ef358d99aa424f
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Which of the following protected tortoise species are you talking about Paul?

Geochelone nigra or Geochelone elephantopus
    Geochelone radiata
    Geochelone yniphora
    Gopherus flavomarginatus
    Homopus bergeri
    Malacochersus tornieri
    Psammobates geometricus
    Pyxis planicauda
    Pyxis arachnoides
    Testudo graeca
    Testudo hermanni
    Testudo kleinmanni
    Testudo marginata
    Testudo wernei

And how can you confirm whether the actual species is used in the jelly as opposed to some designer thinking "what a pretty picture, I'll use that in the ads"?
    Last edited by pizzalover; 29-11-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    PDLM likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast