How to find puppies for sale

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to find puppies for sale

My husband & I finally have a schedule where we have time to have a dog. We are looking for a pure bred puppy (haven't decided on breed yet) that comes from a breeders home (not a pet shop). I'm just starting to learn about the dog world in HK. Where do you find puppies for sale. Is there ads somewhere or an organization of breeders here? Thanks.

Homey

We have just bought a pure breed King Charles Spaniel puppy about 8 weeks ago. We did a lot of research and settled on a pet shop in causeway bay which was recommended by some people in this forums. PM for more details.

If I were to do this all over again, I would not buy locally. Instead, you can go through a couple of vets who can order the puppy for you directly from Auz. Again, I can help you with some names - just PM me.

The problem with buying locally is that you just don't know the background of where the puppy came from. We are pretty certain that our's was smuggled from the mainland. It was really skinny and not a good shape with a bad cough etc. You know that once you have bought it, its not a toy, its a living thing, and you give it your best. Luckily for us the puppy is now doing fine.

Finally, make sure you know what you are letting yourself into - its hard work.

cheers

Smile

Hey Homey, having a dog is one of the best thing I've ever done in my life! Just out of curiosity, why choose to buy when you can give a home to one from the local shelters? They sometimes have pure breds and if the puppies are born in the place, the ppl there can give you the dog's history too. Perhaps you might want to consider checking it out. Whatever your decision maybe, congratulations and i hope you have fun raising your new family member. Next, you'll be logging on the animal forum of this site.

Homey - if you're willing to adopt from a rescue center HK Dog Rescure is overflowing with puppies right now. They have all kinds, mutts as well as pure-breed. They really need homes. It might be worth a look for you:
    www.hongkongdogrescue.com

Last edited by nina_70; 03-02-2007 at 10:58 AM.

Hi Homey

Here was the replied that i made to Katanga sometime ago, I did not think all dogs in HK are bad, my corgi bought from the breeder is good and health, over 7 months now, and i think it was the best thing i had for years...

Just look around carefully and not rush into anything....

I just recently bought a Corgi from a Breeder from the net as well. You can actually buy it in Pet Shop, just do some research on which one got better reputation. I think the one in Causeway Bay are better than those in victory Road in Mongkok. More reliable and they were longer exstablish. Even you got it from a Breeder, they might get ill and no gaurantee. Just try your luck. You can check the following website for selling puppies:

www.hkpet.net
    www.ipetchannel.com
    www.Y28lifestyle.com
    www.doggieplus.com
    www.dogonelife.com
    www.pet28.com

well, as nina mentioned, adopt a dog from dog rescue is good as well.

...and I did use Lulu's advise and bought in Causeway Bay at a pet shop she had mentioned. Another store to try is Mega Pet which is in quite a few locations.

Honestly Pet stores are not very good places to get a special friend. You don't know anything about their history or family background.

If you are set on getting a purebred dog from a breeder there are a lot of options out there if you are willing to spend the time doing the research. You should contact the HK Kennel Club to see if they can help you find local breeders. As for breeders in other countries I woudl be very weary of anyone willing to ship to HK sight unseen with one email or phone call. But if you are willing to invest the time and a bit of money a reputable breeder from another country might be willing to spend the time getting to know you and trust you and then possibly send you one of their special babies. If you explain to them upfront that you want the very best healthiest pup possible and if that means waiting until they are ready so be it. A good place to start if you speak English fluently is either the UK Kennel Club site or the AKC. TO research each breed and what they do. If you have questions about how to go this route please conact me.

Good to hear that one more ppls want to have a dog. But I think it's better for you to know more about dogs first. For example: How to choose a dog breed which suits you and your husband.
    With so many dogs being Abandoned to shelters It's clear That the Wrong Decision will cause your frustration.. ..

Quote Originally Posted by hlwestie:
    i know a breeder for all breeds if interested pls contact me at [email protected]
    what kind of farming system do you have?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast