Cat food in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cat food in HK

Interested in any opinions on different cat food brands in Hong Kong.

From my experience owning a cat in North America, Iams and Science Diet are two top brands, which were both again recommended by my vet.

The trouble is I've been finding it impossible to find canned kitten food by either brand at stores here in HK.

No luck on Science Diet, though plenty of adult canned food and dry adult/kitten food. As for Iams found one store with canned kitten, but I picked up their last cans as they don't plan on carrying it anymore.

Royal Canin seems to be a popular brand at vets here, though I'm not familiar with it - it's a good one is it?

Otherwise, lots of Chinese and Japanese brands, which I don't know anything about.

Any recommendations would be appreciated (as would leads on stores that sell canned KITTEN Iams or Science Diet).

Oh, and if you're going to suggest I just go with dry, yes that's an option, but not one I want to do yet as the kitten is very young.

Thanks!

It's been a while since my own ones were kittens, so not 100% sure on kitten canned food, but here's some places you can try where I shop myself:

Moggy's Pet Supplies & Grooming.
    Flat 1/F
    Hoi To Court
    275 Gloucester Rd
    Causeway Bay
    2575-7698
    She carries premium western brands such as Innova and Natural Balance (both canned and dry). Haven't checked for kitten food, but give her a call.

Bubble Bath
    2869-8988
    1st floor, 55 Wellington Street
    They definitely carry IAMs canned, but can't remember if they have the kitten version.

Mid Levels Pet Services
    G/F 31/37 Mosque Street, Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    Sorry, don't have their number. They're just off the escalator on Mosque Street. They definitely carry IAMs canned, and I "think" the kitten version, but not 100% sure.

By the way about.com has some very good articles on cat food. Here's a starting link:
    http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/tp/tpcannedadult.htm

Also, specifically about kittens:
    http://cats.about.com/od/kittencare/...itten_Care.htm

Have seen Iams canned in Q-pets stores.
    They are all round HK - can probably find a store near you, whereabouts are you?

Royal Canin is in same league as Hills and Iams - just French equivalent.

Also, check out the Cat Vet place, 9 lives, on Aberdeen Street (halfway between Elgin Street and Caine Road.)

Maggie Bradley is a superb vet and the upper floor is for sale of cat food. I'm not sure about iams but she sells a lot of Hills products.

I'd second that comment on 9 lives. Excellent cat-vet. Last emergency I had with my cat, she took me on a Sunday morning, resolved the issue and even followed-up with a phone-call a few days later to see how it was going. I was very impressed.
    http://www.9lives.com.hk/

OK, I've just been to stock up on cat food and saw small tins of iams on the shelf (about 4 varieties and one was specifically for kittens)). They also do the dried biscuits as well as satchets of iams food. This shop also does a big range of food including hills science.

The Pet House
    G/F 124 Caine Road
    Mid Levels tel 2559 9605
    fax 2834 2033

You can also speak to the shop assistant there (will be gone soon), she's knowledgeable about the products, Cecilia Wong 9053 9616.

And they will deliver if you spend over $ 300/400.

Last edited by takamine; 26-02-2007 at 04:17 PM.

deleteduser

Every pet store in HK will sell Iams, Science Diet, and Royal Canin. Those are all 'pet store' brands that you won't find in any grocery store (except Iam's).

Also, the Iam's canned food they sell in pet stores is different from the stuff in grocery stores. We made the mistake of buying the grocery store stuff once, and our cat wouldn't eat it. I haven't compared ingredients yet though.

Wow, a plethora of suggestions. Much appreciated. Thank you all.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast