Bringing my dog from Malaysia to Hong Kong

Bringing my dog from Malaysia to Hong Kong

Need some advice :
    1. I plan to bring my boxer from Malaysia to Hong Kong end of this year but have no idea on the procedures. Are there any health / quarantine regulations in HK i.e. vaccination etc. Does any one have any experience on bring pets to HK.
    2. We are in Tseun Wan area and planning to move to a pet friendly area in HK, preferred to be in a landed home with decent rental rates. I have seen some "village houses" in parts of HK. Which part of HK is recommended for this?
    thanks & appreciate your advice

Quote Originally Posted by alinahew:
    Need some advice :
    1. I plan to bring my boxer from Malaysia to Hong Kong end of this year but have no idea on the procedures. Are there any health / quarantine regulations in HK i.e. vaccination etc. Does any one have any experience on bring pets to HK.
    2. We are in Tseun Wan area and planning to move to a pet friendly area in HK, preferred to be in a landed home with decent rental rates. I have seen some "village houses" in parts of HK. Which part of HK is recommended for this?
    On 1. this is the best place to start so you know the procedures. AFCD Import of Dogs and Cats

Thanks Fiona.

Moving dog from Malaysia to HK

Hi there, I may need to move my dogs from malaysia to HK in a few months. How was your experience? The AFCD site says dogs from Malaysia "may be exempted" from quarantine if the conditions are met (not diffucult, just need time & planning). Wondered if you managed to avoid quarantine?
    Landed home with decent rental is non-existent on HK Island but possible on Lantau or Lamma Island, or deep in Sai Kung country - not sure what rates are these days but they have been going up as well. If you need to be on HK Island and looking for dog-roaming options, best to live somewhere close to the country parks of which there are many and after a short stroll from the start, dogs can roam free legally (subject to conditions which responsible dog-owners should find reasonable to comply with).

Quote Originally Posted by alinahew:
    Need some advice :

We just moved our dog from KL. We used Export-A-Pet international pet relocation, pet relocation, pet moving - Export-A-Pet to help us with the door to door move. They have a contact in Malaysia who will deal with the Malaysian requirements, including pick up to the govt vet and transport to KLIA. Of course, it would be cheaper to handle the paperwork on your own but we opted to use an agent for convenience.

Are boxers allowed in Malaysia? I thought they might be in the banned list. What about American bulldogs?