Like Tree3Likes

Dog in taxis?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    Never seen a dog clip its nails or hock up a green goober in public.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    No, but I have seen dogs wipe their bum by rubbing it on the ground, slobber, shed hair and eat other dogs poo.

Great, thanks all. Will just have to try it out one of these weekends. It also amazes me how cab drivers here drive worse than those in NY.

Dmmos likes this.

Your safest bet would be to book a van. Still very cheap. That way you won't have to stand about with your dog trying to get a taxi. PM me for details if you want...

i used to take taxis for transport but i realized that those man with a van services are even better. cheaper for long distances and best of all they dont charge extra 5 per dog too.plus their driving skills are superb.

bryant.english likes this.

I have put all 3 of my Huskies in a taxi after a long walk around hang hau, most times the taxi's will take me, no problem, i usually carry a towel with me so i help wipe off the seats etc etc plus i do give a good tip on top.

just be aware that the van services are not licenced to carry passengers, so if you are in the van and there is an accident, the driver's insurance won't cover you or your injuries...

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    just be aware that the van services are not licenced to carry passengers, so if you are in the van and there is an accident, the driver's insurance won't cover you or your injuries...
    Hi Cara. I just want to enquire where people have got this information from? I see it so often on Geoexpat and I've dicussed it numerous times as I'm quite sure it's a myth spread by the taxi companies. My insurance company covers my passengers if I'm transporting goods for them and I didn't have to take out any special extra cover - I'm with Kwiksure! I checked after becoming worried after reading on these forums!!

Furthermore, just like in the UK and most developed countries we in Hong Kong have the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance - Motor Insurers' Bureau of Hong Kong.

i guess it depends on whether your dog is considered "goods"... i think i heard it from one of the drivers we used to use...i could have gotten incorrect information (either the driver was wrong or something got lost in translation...)

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i guess it depends on whether your dog is considered "goods"... i think i heard it from one of the drivers we used to use...i could have gotten incorrect information (either the driver was wrong or something got lost in translation...)
    As I say, even if they were uninsured you'd be covered by the Govt. People always talk about 'the nightmare 'of being involved in an accident with uninsured drivers'. There's no nightmare, you're covered by MIB, it's not your responsibility to check out the insurance status of every vehicle you get into.......and please everyone, don't go thinking that just because you're in a marked taxi that everything is above board :-)

On the other hand, just like abroad,all of us who drive and pay our premiums pay a certain percentage towards covering those who don't, hence stiff penalties for driving whilst uninsured...