Puppy Food

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Puppy Food

Trying to find out what brand of puppy food is good for my little puppy who is a little sick now. She's about 2 months old. Been reading a bit about 'bad' dog food. I used to feed my dog in Spore with Solid Gold and the vet told me yesterday that it's not a good brand and neither is Nutro Choice. He suggested Hill's. But I think he might be sponsored by Hills. So what is then a good brand of dog food?

Hills is good and so is Eukanuba. My boy and girl LOVED Eukanuba. Breeder used Hills but they go bored of Hills and Vets Choice.

Both my sisters dogs are on Eukanuba and they are beautiful. There are different versions so you can get food for dogs with delicate stomachs and allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Monde:
    Hills is good and so is Eukanuba. My boy and girl LOVED Eukanuba. Breeder used Hills but they go bored of Hills and Vets Choice.

Both my sisters dogs are on Eukanuba and they are beautiful. There are different versions so you can get food for dogs with delicate stomachs and allergies.
    Thanks...do you feed them with just dry food or do you mix it with wet food?

Only ever fed them Dry. They had the Eukanuba puppy dry and went on as they got older.

Be careful with Nutro, they were among the brands recalled in the US, related to the rat-poisoning incident.

I used to feed my dog Wellness (link here) in the US and I highly recommend them, but that's hard to find in Asia it seems. She's currently on Solid Gold in Singapore, and I think it's pretty good actually, having taken a look at the ingredients and speaking to her old vet in the US about an alternative to Wellness.

Ingenue I can seriously recommend Eukanuba and no i don't work for them but they ROCKED.

So do I chuck out the whole pack of Nutro? So Solid Gold is good right? My other dog in Spore used to eat those till she moved to mum's place started to steal food from the other dogs.

Ingenue I can seriously recommend Eukanuba and no i don't work for them but they ROCKED.
    Out of curiousity, why Eukanuba over Solid Gold. And do you soak the dry food with water before feeding? I've never done that with my other dog but the petshop guy told us to do it.

hey Monde, glad it worked for your dog, but personally, I will not support any Iams related company, due to their well-known animal testing policies...but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    So do I chuck out the whole pack of Nutro? So Solid Gold is good right? My other dog in Spore used to eat those till she moved to mum's place started to steal food from the other dogs.
    Yes, Solid Gold's really pretty good...if you look at the ingredient list, they don't use leftover animal parts or fillers. My rule of thumb is if I can't imagine myself eating it (I'm serious), I probably don't want to feed it to my dog.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast