Like Tree2Likes

Vet - good or bad

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vet - good or bad

Looking for vet recommendations, or ones to avoid, for my cats. Preferably in the midlevel, but willing to travel a bit, on the hong kong side.

Your feedback would be much appreciated!

hi there, i can tell you NOT to visit LionRock. dr. mark benjamin. total rip off. this guy hates cats and if you want to see him for only check ups, advice, vaccines or anything costing less than $500- $1000 his will give you the worst attitude. my madams dog was beaten was him. 2 vet assistants that previously worked there... eyewitnesses told me. for your safety find another one.

Vaccinations for our 3 cats only cost $380.00 each, using Victoria Veterinary Clinics.

Unfortunately though, this group of clinics isnt located on the island, Tuen Mun, Sheung Shui and Yuen Long, most of the vets are Australian, and a couple of Brits. I am a stickler for procedural professionalism, and to date, these vets always performed to my very high expectations. Basically no different to back home, in their care and attention of our pets, and always informed us with great detail in regard to medication or treatment explanations.

I have heard that a few of the resident vets at the SPCA are also Australian & British, they have a branch on Kowloon side, that shouldnt take you longer than 30 minutes door to door via public transport.

I am sure their vac prices will be less than $500, and there won't be any debate about their care of your pet, considering who they represent..... Generally most things are cheaper off the island, as property rents are lower too.

Last edited by Skyhook; 13-09-2007 at 01:10 PM.

For Mid-levels, there is a cat clinic called Nine Lives.
    Ran by Dr Maggie.

There is also a cat medicine vet called Dr Alison who works out of Pets Central in North Point (and also mongkok but probably too far).

sakaki,

That's a couple of threads where you have attacked Dr Benjamin.

Whilst I have no direct knowledge of consulting with him, I do hear a lot and I've never heard anyone complain about his vetting skills. There have been complaints about his personality but you can't please everybody all the time.

Do be careful what accusations you make on a public forum though, unless you are happy you can back them up.

z754103 likes this.

I'd also recommend Dr Maggie Bradley at 9Lives. She was also recommended to me by another vet (dog expert. )There is another vet there who seems to be equally as good but I forget her name.

I think it's a bit pricey but then I have nothing to compare to.

They have an upstairs section where they sell related goods, such as water fountains, applaws food, toys, etc.

Vets

I take my dogs to Stanley Vet Centre. When I popped in yesterday on the hop for advice, I found the Vets and assistants cooing over a small kitten which was in for some procedure or other.

What has impressed me most has been the attitutes of all of the staff towards the animals which pass through their doors. I would rather pay a little more and know that my dogs are well looked after under the care of competent vets and assistants.

Vets

We use Wanchai Animal Centre for our 9 year old Lab. Staffed mainly by South African vets who in main have been in Hong Kong a long time. They also have place in Sai Kung and I think somewhere near Kennedy Town.

We have alwasy been very pleased with them especially the one Dr Paul, but we have seen at least 4 of them with our dog and all very competent and pleasant and have been very helpful when we have claimed on pet insurance (we took a policy about a year ago for 2k a year which has proved worthwhile even though I was dubious about claims being paid to begin)

We have used Dr. David of Creature Comforts and have been quite happy. For most procedures he can just come to your house. Makes routine checks and vaccinations much easier on the animals. And, he's been very good with all our pets (and saved one from a life threatening emergency in the middle of the night - came to our place to take the pet to his clinic for the procedure and everything).

Before we found a house call vet we used the Art Vet clinic and were very happy with their kind, animal loving staff. http://www.thearkvets.hk.com/

Last edited by hello_there; 14-09-2007 at 06:15 PM.

pc_man

i worked there, i know. all his cheat behind peoples back. it unfair to pet owners who love their dogs/ cats like children,and its time to let them know. ask previous workers they'll tell you the exacts same thing of how he abuse the dogs that are there, and how he treat the clients. they pay to see someone who cares about dogs and wants to help them. not take a 14yr old yorkie and slam its head on the table cause he can't take a x-ray. i and 2 workers witnessed it. 14 yrs old yorkie, what if the was your dog, or your friends, or anyone who out there. would you say something? would anyone say something?

Last edited by sakaki21; 14-09-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast