Dog parks & events?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dog parks & events?

Hi there,
    We recently moved to HK with a large dog & living in New Territories. Can any please help me with info/feedback about various dog parks/locations we can take our boy to. We would be willing to travel to HK island or surrounding area when we have a car soon & also anything closer to Sai Kung aswell would be great. Also interested in finding out about any get together events for dogs & owners - are there any sites with this info? Are any of you showing dogs thru the HK kennel club - what are they like? Lastly, our dog has been tested positive for mosquito allergy (can you believe it) so wondering if any pet mozzie repellent here in pet shops anyone is using or should I buy Online? - I haven't been able to find any in shops.

Thanks for your help guys.

Plenty of get together events during course of year - try SPCA, Pets Central and HKDR as starting points.

If you live in Sai kung there a lot of people who meet to go hiking with the dogs - no specific club, just people who have met socially - Sai Kung generally v good that way. Start with neighbours and as you meet more people will find more to go with.
    Can put you in contact with a few people up here if you like.

For mosquitos - personally recommend frontline spray at a high dose (4 pumps/kg). Not specifically for mosquitos but seems to help - more important it will kepp the ticks at bay as there are loads up here.

Not sure if it's dog-friendly, but Quarry Bay Park in Taikoo Shing/Sai Wan Ho is very near my house and every weekend we see dozens of dog owners congregating there...maybe you could come down one Sat. eve. and ask around...

Big dog 2 same prob;lem!

Hey, I live in hung hom, which is really bad for dogs,

But I have no choice for now so... They have a dog park in wanchai in front of tyhe spca building just befor the wanchai exhibition center and its by the harbour front. Everyone is friendly and big small dogs are mixed tgheterthe space isnt so big tough it acceptable.

What kind of dog u have and where do u live in nt?

Hi

Hi,

We are in the process of moving to Saikung and also have 2 large dogs (golden Retrievers) would like to meet new friends with doggies for walkies?

give me a pm if interested.

usually on weekends if you go to the car park on the right hand side of the public swiming pool you will see loads and loads of Owners with dogs running around.

the leisure dept just opened five parks for dogs inc. one in central

dogs in Sai Kung

We take our dog, a black lab to Sai Kung beach every weekend for swimming. Dog can run free in that area as well. There are a lot of small size of doggies as well, and they (both doggies and owners) sometimes get very freaky out by a large size one. In general, it is a pleasant place to bring dogs for a play over there.

Saikung beach?

Where exactly is this beach? Or is it most beaches in the Saikung area?

We are going to be living at Fei Ngo Shan area, where can we take the dogs for daily walks?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    the leisure dept just opened five parks for dogs inc. one in central
    Star Gazer: Do you know where these parks are - is there a list online or something? Many thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast