Boarding Horses?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The problem is there hasn't been that much of a will locally...

Tales from the Uknown

I read through the threads, and there is so much mis information going on here.
    Its true the HKJR is the authorizing body, who are in it to make money, but are given the authority to license imports, try getting a Dog Sized horse into Hong Kong!
    But bringing a horse is not more difficult that bringing a Car. it all comes down to money and persistence.
    Since the Olympics it might be a little easier, but Ill tell you, the reason the HKJC is against imports and tries to discourage it. They wear out their horses, and then give them away for free to other riding schools. As an establishment they don't really care, they only care about making money, and making themsolves look good in the government Eye's so they maintain their Monopoly on the local Gambling, and as Horse racing is one tof their bigest earners, they provide a lifecycle for the horses to show the government that they care, like a factory showing that it disposes of its waste cleaning.
    They do have staff, and Vets who care though.
    Now bringing a horse into Hong Kong. Most of the local Riding Schools know how to do this, and most of them have customers who have done this, include the school I go to, the Internationalridingcentre.com. Ask the school directly to arrange it for you, and they know the process, and cost's. Simple as that. But you will need to arrange with you location to do the shipping. and on the internet there are some good horse Animal moving companies, just google horse shipping. You can see a list of Riding Centres and Web sites on my Blog page at the following link: MySecretroom and Blog : Horse Riding Establishments

Gumby, I am a livery holder at LoWu and considering buying a horse from overseas to bring into LoWu. It was my understanding that provided I have the stables available, I should be able to bring the horse in. Do you know someone I can talk to at the HKJC to make sure there is a smooth flow on bringing the horse into HK?

You can if you contact the Clear water bay Riding School, these guys are your best bet.
    In HK Money can buy you anything.

Your company is correct you should go to Paris

Hong Kong is a strange place in many respects, horses and property being the strangest of all. All property in Hong Kong belongs to the government and all horses in the territory belong to the Jockey club?

The simple answer to your question is your company is completely right you may not simply bring your horses here like you can with dogs.

There might be a construct where the Jockey club is willing to buy your horses and allow them in, then sell them back to you when you leave? I'm not sure, but even all race horses here are imported by and belong to the Jockey club. Once they get here they are sold to various "owners" this is a mere license to use the horse however the Jockey club has ownership at all times.

I cant imagine what this is all about but I can guess its simply a monopoly on gambling, and a total and complete monopoly of the the racing industry and that includes all horses even a donkey. This is after all HK govs biggest source of revenue by far, 40% in fact. The spin off is that taxes are low in the territory as a result, so thank all those insatiable gamblers.

The Olympic facilities are not used for livery or horse riding, Beas River golf course has reverted to a golf course, and the other facilities at Shatin have been either dismantled or now used to stable horses during race meetings.

So much for the ad-camp the government ran during and after the Olympics that Hong Kong was the equestrian center of Asia............its simply nothing of the sort.

The best solution and if you are willing to abandon your lovely horses is to come here and go to as many race meetings as you can, spot a promising looking dressage horse and wait for it to finish its career. Just hope it isn't a crippled mess by that time, but hey you'll be doing a great service to an animal, in an Industry that that wastes and disposes of hundreds, thousands, and hundreds of thousands
    of horses every year!

Don't worry I have been here before, yes.

I had to leave my incredible mare at home. She was gifted.

I spotted her after she broke free from a loading truck at the races during the Dewhurst Stakes. All she did was piaff and not far, just in sight of us until she grew lonely at dusk and came back to be loaded. When she came back she did a halt then an incredible piaff then an extended trot abruptly stopping on all fours square then breaking into a long and lose walk up to the truck home, what an absolute glorious darling.XXXX
    Well I was hooked and soon had her home. She was a complete natural. Sadly she ended up breeding more silly race horses as HK wouldn't have her?

I cant imagine what this is all about but I can guess its simply a monopoly on gambling, and a total and complete monopoly of the the racing industry and that includes all horses even a donkey. This is after all HK govs biggest source of revenue by far, 40% in fact. The spin off is that taxes are low in the territory as a result, so thank all those insatiable gamblers.
    Paul101: where do you get this from? The figures I can find show it as between 5% and 7%.

Hullexile your figures are wrong. I got it from the chairman of the Jockey club maybe you want a private word?

Ya even i have to eat so im going to watch over Namoosa a princess from Africa to make sure i get what i wanted . Later BB's

Dont stop till we saved em baby tortoises?