Boarding Horses?

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. #31

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul101:
    Hullexile your figures are wrong. I got it from the chairman of the Jockey club maybe you want a private word?
    I got mine from the official gov't figures (available via Google) but I guess an unofficial chat is more reliable. Perhaps someone should leak this to the press as the HK gov't are clearly involved in a major financial cover up.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    230

    Hull, this is the total revenue from gambling, I suppose it includes lottery etc?

    I got the figure at dinner from some old guy claiming to have been a chairman or other and rally driver in his prime, not sure but think I'm not entitled to give his name.


  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul101:
    Hull, this is the total revenue from gambling, I suppose it includes lottery etc?

    I got the figure at dinner from some old guy claiming to have been a chairman or other and rally driver in his prime, not sure but think I'm not entitled to give his name.
    I think he must have been pissed, senile, or you misheard him. Go look at the figures for sources of Hong Kong gov't revenue on google. I looked at a couple of years and his figure is total bollocks.

    For example:

    http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr01-02/engl.../0102fs03e.pdf

    You will see the 7% for this year includes Mark Six and all other gambling revenue.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul101:
    Hullexile your figures are wrong. I got it from the chairman of the Jockey club maybe you want a private word?
    Someone has access to abusing this site, I categorically never wrote this post Editor. See my later post that I did write on the subject.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I think he must have been pissed, senile, or you misheard him. Go look at the figures for sources of Hong Kong gov't revenue on google. I looked at a couple of years and his figure is total bollocks.
    He was all two of those however I didn't miss hear anything. Have you any idea why taxes in HK are so low? No its not because we have vast supplies of gas and crude oil just offshore, its because of the taxation of the racing industry amongst other things. Cash in hand.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul101:
    He was all two of those however I didn't miss hear anything. Have you any idea why taxes in HK are so low? No its not because we have vast supplies of gas and crude oil just offshore, its because of the taxation of the racing industry amongst other things. Cash in hand.
    It is because: the gov't runs a surplus so no interest costs on debts; the HK gov't does not have expensive defence costs and other costs associated with running a real sovereign state; the large amount made from property and land; the large number of VERY high earners; welfare costs are relatively low compared to European countries; and as you say a nice little earner from state controlled gambling. But the latter is 7% or so, not 40%, and it is not the main revenue source for the government by a long way.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    230

    Well perhaps I was misled, even I cant find a reliable figure on the net? Its all over the place.

    Oh well as the HK Jockey club is richer than the government and is indeed tightly controlled by the government, same same hey? Could be even higher than 40%


Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4