Like Tree36Likes

Hedgehog owners?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hedgehog owners?

I just moved to Hong Kong from Toronto 2 months ago. Debating if I should relocate my (African Pygmy) hedgehog here as I am uncertain about the cold climate in the winters (I do not have central heating). And i'm wondering if there are any vets in Hong Kong that are familiar with hedgehogs?

If anyone has a hedgehog, can you please share your thoughts? Appreciate any feedback and advice!

Thank you

my friend looks like a hedgehog

SHwithcats likes this.

It does not get very cold in the winter here - mid-teens usually and only for about 6 weeks. I'd be more worried about the heat in the summer and humidity. also, the stress of moving for a little hedgehog. There are various unusual animals kept as pets here so I suspect you will be able to find a vet.

Thank you for the advise re temperature and for the article. Had Bob the hedgehog for over 3 years now and do worry about the stress associated with the move. Miss the little bugger.Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks Mobile1316442031.265851.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  18.2 KB

Liquorice likes this.

i actually find it colder here in winter in many ways than on the prairies in canada (-40c is fairly regular). the lack of central heating/insulation etc here makes it oftentimes colder in my home here than outside!

dear giant likes this.

Doesn't matter if it was real or not. Pretty disturbing/disrepectful as this thread is about my pet hedgehog.

SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.

It doesn't get too cold here. Just buy a vivarium and a good light bulb, that should get the little fella through the winter.

As to a Veterinarian, I recommend the Tai Wai Small Animal & Exotic Hospital. Dr Peter Morgan has specific Hedgehog experience, and others may also.

-Spode

Quote Originally Posted by jacquelinet:
    Doesn't matter if it was real or not. Pretty disturbing/disrepectful as this thread is about my pet hedgehog.
    did i miss something?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast