Like Tree3Likes

Dog sitting

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Domestic Helpers don't get paid or they don't help?

dog sitter

there are some great places to board your dog.... i use a guy in sai Kung who does home stays...My dog has been gong there for nearly 4 years... he is in a family situation with a wife and 2 children and he boards other dogs....(in his home down stairs...they have the run of the house down stairs.. a back yard etc... they are walked and socialized and he checks that all dogs are immunised etc..My dog has never come back with a problem,..On the contrary ..he comes back fitter and healthier..

I have also used Ferndale (years ago ..same owners ) and they are very good too... Remember....this is their business and this is how they make their money so they need to be good and more importantly...they need to be passionate about what they do.

Hong Kong has some great Dog Day care places....

thanks for the kind words, sandy!

PS> we were the first ones mentioned...

I totally agree - my dogs go wild with excitement when they bump into carang's husband. It is the biggest proof I have that they are happy going there!

hmmm... i know who sandyduncan is.... but bugak, i'm curious....lol! thanks again for the kind words. i think what the dogs feel from andrew is the love that he has for them. of all of the people i know, my husband has the highest job satisfaction of everyone. he truly loves what he does. in the past 7 years, he's had 2 vacations, both times upon return home (10 hour flight with 2 toddlers) he went to walk the dogs... at 3am!!! he didn't want to wait until a more seemly hour. he wanted to do it asap.

i don't think dog sitters are that common in HK unlike the US. i think people put them in dog hotels roughly $100 a day and you will have to provide dog food on your own.

dog hotels cost a LOT more than $100/day. kennels run around $140-200/day. home boarding services run $200-300/day and dog hotels run around $300-400+/day.

Carang, are you guys full already? I have been looking around for my two dogs just for 4 days between 23rd to 27th Dec. PM me if there are space available to take my two lovely pugs; one very old and can't walk too much... the other is quite young and quite hyper.
    Thanks!
    Eco-Cat

sorry, neco, we have been fully booked since early september for the xmas holidays. i wish we could help! we have already turned away probably 50 dogs!

Does this kind of thing need a licence?

The family is not home during that time. 2 helpers will be here along with our pug.
    2 more pugs would be fun company.
    As long as they are normal non destructive beasts(hyper is fine), we'd love to have them and the helpers would love the extra $$$ that would be generated...

SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.