Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Liquorice
  • 1 Post By dumbdonkey

Anybody lost a dog - Saikung?

Closed Thread

Anybody lost a dog - Saikung?

I have found a dog wandering desolately around our car park. Not from our village. Soaked through and looking for human company. He has been there all afternoon & evening so at 11:30 I brought him into my garden and fed him. He looks like a particular breed (though I don't know what) rather than a village/rescue dog. Mid sized, White paws/legs, browny-blacky rest of him. He has a chain large-loop type collar but no name tag or number. I'll call SPCA tomorrow morning to pick him up but thought I'd post here just in case.

which area of sai kung? dog doesn't sound familiar.... better to take him to the vet to have the microchip read. that may give you the owner's contact info.

Might be my friends, let me check. Is it in the Clearwater bay area?

How about a photo of the dog? Can you ask him/her for his/her name?

Char Siu King likes this.

No it was Tai Mong Tsai, Yan Yee area. Unfortunately I don't have him anymore. My helper is looking around this morning. I couldn't keep him in the garden overnight because my dogs were going crazy and keeping my baby awake. If he is still around I'll take him to the SPCA. Such a shame. Such wet and horrible weather as well.

Update - just in case anyone is interested or think he might be yours. Found him again, sleeping in the car park. Called SPCA to pick him up. They checked him for a chip but there wasn't one there and they took him away. The owners came by the village late this afternoon looking for him and have now gone to pick him up. He was a tibetan mastiff.

Satay Sue and SiuMaiTaiTai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquorice:
    They checked him for a chip but there wasn't one there and they took him away. The owners came by the village late this afternoon looking for him and have now gone to pick him up.
    After they've paid the fine, presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    After they've paid the fine, presumably.
    Hopefully, yes. I shouldn't really hope for them to be fined but the circumstances are a bit odd. The conclusion we came to this morning was that the dog had been abandoned as one of my helpers friends had seen the owner with the dog up here, but then they left in the car without the dog. Our place isn't the sort of place you would come to walk a dog such that he would run off and they'd leave without him because they couldn't find him. Also, I don't really understand why it took them over 24 hours to come back to get the dog if they knew they had left him here - leaving him out all night in the soaking rain. They did come back to get him though, and I have no other explanation. Perhaps I shouldn't be so cynical. I am hoping that at least, the outcome of this situation would be that the dog has a chip put in so that if it happens again in the future he can be identified.