Like Tree25Likes

Even those of you here who hate dogs will surely be touched by this...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

>> “You can judge the morality of a nation by the way the society treats its animals”. – Mahatma Gandhi

Load of bullshit and pretty damn hypocritical of him to be saying that when millions of people perished in the partition and famines while Gandhi and his cronies were in power. Yeah, you can tell I'm not blinded by his greatness.

I still do think that there is an incredible amount of work that needs to be done to protect those in our own species. If you do want to start protecting other species, the first step is to turn vegetarian in my opinion - or do you happen to think that dogs are more superior than cows, sheep and other animals that are reared for one purpose - to feed you.

Animal rights, taken to their logical conclusion, mean votes for oysters.
    Bertrand Russell
    I don't think he said it, but I to agree with whoever attributed this to Russell.
    Last edited by shri; 02-12-2011 at 09:25 AM.
    luckycat and SiuMaiTaiTai like this.

Like pretty much everything in this life, there is a balance that works and an imbalance that does not. Zero rights for animals allows cruelty and misuse that is not right and devalues all life, including our own. Putting animal rights ahead of human rights is equally daft. We, as humans, devalue ourselves when we treat innocent and helpless creatures without a care to their wellbeing; but treating animals well also includes treating them like animals, controlling populations when they get out of control and humanely putting them down when sick, suffering etc. Too many animal lovers appear to believe their animals are human and it does not, on balance, contribute to animal welfare because you end up with statements like those from Randy which make even animal lovers want to get a gun and shoot something.

I was touched by this thread. So much so that I went and ordered the Chihuahua. I'd recommend the pitta though. It's a bit chewy with ciabatta.

luckycat likes this.

It's a dog eat dog world out there, dude

Totally agree with last few comments. Whoa, sanity is breaking out.

Didn't even bothered watching the videos, how cute a puppy is is totally irrelevant to the previous topic of feral dogs, I do not believe this guy is serious, you'd have to be utterly retarded to think its okay for ANY dog to attack a human unprovoked.
    How many dogs do you have and care for then Randy? are you vegetarian? Would you not mind if a dog attacked your wife and child then?
    I don't know why I am asking, I don't believe the replies will be serious/genuine.