Are the pet hotels good in hong kong

Closed Thread

Question Are the pet hotels good in hong kong

i am about to leave my cats in a cat hotel for 5 days.
    at the hotel there will be doctors but the cats are kept in cages.
    Both uno and pillo (both 4 yrs, no ilness)are VERY sensitive to strangers as they dont come by often, they meow and hide and squirm.
    Both of them have never been kept in a new environment more than 2h and i am afraid that they will be put under alot of stress.
    i have heard that nervous cats will not eat, drink or pee. although there are doctors, i am afraid that uno will not pee in which case there is nothing doctors can do!
    ***how good are pet hotels in HK? care and hygene. DOES anyone know any good ones near the tsing yi area?*****

HOW LIKELY IS THIS? HOW DANGEROUS? IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE HIM MORE COMFORTABLE?
    SHOULD I KEEP THEM AT HOME ISTEAD? (which is potentially just as dangerous)

Many thanks for all your answers!!!

Dog Hotel

We put our 9 year old labrador in the one in TKO shopping centre about a month ago for a week. He had never been away from home before. He is a very tame,mild dog and we were a it concerned about how he would be away for first time.

The 'hotel' was very good and although he was not keen at being left, when I went to pick him up he was not overly keen to come with me !

They must have treated him well and he was happy, clean and looked well looked after for the week we were away. Was not cheap at about 250/day in a "VIP !" room with more speace , but we were pleased with the place and would use them again.

Only problem with this place, is taxi can cost a fair bit if you have no car getting there although they do pick up at cheaper rate than you can do by cab

Ferndale Kennels and Cattery is an excellent boarding facility for cats. The cats are given more space than just a cage and the staff are very good with animals.

http://www.ferndalekennels.com/

They are located in Sai Kung. If you're going to be gone more than a few days and leaving the cats with a carer at home isn't an option, it would be worth checking out this option.

Three Dog?

Ferndale did a great job transporting my great dane from the airport to my flat on HK island. Even after his long flight, he seemed very happy when he arrived.

As for boarding, we are considering another location because the dogs stay in a kennel all day long at Ferndale. They only get two 15 min play periods and stay in the kennel the rest of the day!...unless you pay extra for more play time. I found out that Three Dog lets the dogs run in and out all day long. My dog would also get his own room at night. Does anyone have experience with Three Dog in Happy Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by Cicely:
    Ferndale did a great job transporting my great dane from the airport to my flat on HK island. Even after his long flight, he seemed very happy when he arrived.

As for boarding, we are considering another location because the dogs stay in a kennel all day long at Ferndale. They only get two 15 min play periods and stay in the kennel the rest of the day!...unless you pay extra for more play time. I found out that Three Dog lets the dogs run in and out all day long. My dog would also get his own room at night. Does anyone have experience with Three Dog in Happy Valley?
    The Three Dog facilities in Happy Valley are small (unless they have expanded that I'm not aware of) and set up for small dogs. I'm not sure where the dogs would even run in and out of given its location. Would be interested in hearing if the place had a good set up for larger dogs though.

Have you talked to DB Dog Dayz? If your dog is friendly it may be just the place - the dogs are out and about and able to play with each other all day and I've never heard a bad thing about the place.

thanks for the kudos hello_there! greatly appreciated. I'll pass on your kind words to Andrew. He loves what he does. i don't know anyone that has more job satisfaction than he.

(cicely, i believe you came out today. andrew was disappointed that the weather was so awful for you. sorry i missed you!)

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    thanks for the kudos hello_there! greatly appreciated. I'll pass on your kind words to Andrew. He loves what he does. i don't know anyone that has more job satisfaction than he.

(cicely, i believe you came out today. andrew was disappointed that the weather was so awful for you. sorry i missed you!)
    Ah so u run DB dogs days, now i finally get it.

How much u charge for huskies, got 3 of them, all well behaved, might use your place next time.

found the website. here it is for others.

http://dbdogdayz.com/home
    Last edited by wtbhotia; 23-05-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: found your website. no matter. LOL

my hubby runs it... i run a playgroup centre...

all info is on the website. we charge $175/dog/day not including food. dogs are give GOOD walks in the country park. minimum 30-45 minutes each (but this is dependent upon the health of the dogs concerned)

please check your messages, i've sent you a pm.