Like Tree7Likes

Syrian Hamster / Black Bear Hamster

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Syrian Hamster / Black Bear Hamster

Does anyone know where I could get a 'Black Bear' Syrian hamster? It seems all hamsters in pet shops and at the SPCA are dwarf varieties, and while they are lovely, I would really like to get a Syrian due to their larger size and friendlier temperament.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dodiesa:
    Does anyone know where I could get a 'Black Bear' Syrian hamster? It seems all hamsters in pet shops and at the SPCA are dwarf varieties, and while they are lovely, I would really like to get a Syrian due to their larger size and friendlier temperament.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi, did you have any luck finding one? We are looking for one too...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mimihk:
    Hi, did you have any luck finding one? We are looking for one too...

Thanks
    Hi mimihk!

Yes, I did! I bought mine from "I Heart Rabbit" on Fish Street in Mong Kok; however, it was a complete fluke as they had some in that day and they were all sold that day and they haven't had any in again since then! I got a black, longhaired girl and she's lovely. She used to bite in the beginning, but is perfect now with the appropriate taming. She was about 4 weeks old.

I have since seen some in the Q-Pets shop, also on Fish Street (2/f). If you're in the rabbit shop on Fish Street, turn right and the Q-Pets Flagship store entrance is a staircase a little bit down the street on your right. They were bred in the store, but have probably all been sold by now.

I also saw some lovely ones, although a bit older, in Causeway Bay at a shop called, "Little Pets House" (I think). They were about 6-months old but there were loads of them in a multitude of colours, both sexes and both long and shorthaired. I still keep thinking I may get the cream shorthaired I saw there as it was lovely. To get to this shop, you go up the stairs (almost hidden) behind the guy selling stamps and stickers on Lockhart Road near SOGO. The actual address is: 1/F, 517 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay. You can find directions at their website: http://www.totoro.com.hk/top.htm I think this place is the best place to try first! You can call them at 2560-3788 or 2535-4777

Hope this helps!

Hello! I'm looking for anyone interested in adopting my two Syrian hamsters. They were born in 22 May, 2012. If you're still interested in having hamsters, please let me know. I'll give them to you free of charge. I've just posted an ad about my hamsters, so please take a look at it as well. Thank you very much for your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by tahari:
    Hello! I'm looking for anyone interested in adopting my two Syrian hamsters. They were born in 22 May, 2012. If you're still interested in having hamsters, please let me know. I'll give them to you free of charge. I've just posted an ad about my hamsters, so please take a look at it as well. Thank you very much for your attention.
    Can I ask why you are putting them up for adoption? Is there a prob with them?

P.S. Are your syrians housed together? Syrians should be in separate cages or they will begin to fight and one may be badly hurt or even die.
    dear giant likes this.

Hi, dodiesa. Thank you for your reply. There is no problem with them. The mother hamster gave a birth to 4 hamsters and I'll be able to take care of 2 but not all of 4 hamsters. That's why I would like to put them up for adoption. Now, the father and mother are separated. Thank you very much for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by tahari:
    Hi, dodiesa. Thank you for your reply. There is no problem with them. The mother hamster gave a birth to 4 hamsters and I'll be able to take care of 2 but not all of 4 hamsters. That's why I would like to put them up for adoption. Now, the father and mother are separated. Thank you very much for your advice.
    Ah! That makes sense I will keep you in mind if I find anyone wanting a syrian hamster. They are definitely wonderful pets! Good luck finding wonderful owners!

Quote Originally Posted by dodiesa:
    Ah! That makes sense I will keep you in mind if I find anyone wanting a syrian hamster. They are definitely wonderful pets! Good luck finding wonderful owners!
    Thank you very much for your kind reply. Yes, I hope I'll find any nice owners.

i would be interested

are the hamsters still available for adoption?

The post is from 2012. Given that hamster have a lifespan of about 3 years, those hamsters are all dead.

hullexile likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast