Like Tree9Likes

Anyone 'walk' their cats outside?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone 'walk' their cats outside?

I live in a typical high rise building in TKO but fortunately its on top of a shopping mall where there is a large garden/walking area on the podium level.

I have a british short hair, around 10 months old and most evenings she meows at the door, and runs out as soon i open it, whether im coming back from work or going to put the trash out - anyone experience this with their cats? I dont know if its an issue or that she simply wants to get out of the house and get some fresh hair , because shes bored in the house. She only does it a 1 or 2 times a day (when im here anyway).

Do any of youtake your cats out for a walk or just leave her to play around in the house? I have taken her out to the garden downstairs one time and she didnt really move about...and everyday i let her walk around just outside my door and make sure all the lifts are closed first, it definitely stops the meowing..

my cats go for a wander in the hallway from time to time, but that's all
    they're not pining for the fjords or anything ...

Fiona in HKG likes this.

I assume your cat has already been fixed?

Getting a second cat solved our issues. Now they play, sleep and groom happily all day. Having plenty of shelves, plants etc for them to play with and around is also a good idea.

I see plenty of cats being walked. They all happen to be wearing dog suits though......coincidence?

Fiona in HKG, MovingIn07 and MCDC like this.

We are lucky to live in an apartment that is large by HK standards, and our kitty - a tabby British SH mix ( he's sitting right beside me as I type) - seems to have no problem with staying inside, except as when you say, the evening, when he meows to go outside. We bought a small harness with lead to take him walked, but soon discovered that it stressed him. But we do let him wander around the hallways outside our apartment but he even though he seems interested in outside, he acts too scared to do so.

It must the innate nocturnal hunting gene that appears during the evening .....

We bought our kitty toys, and a climber to exercise on. He loves to sit pretty on the window ledge and look out at goings on. Maybe your cat misses you during the day? ( or is trying to love you up in an effort to get more food !)

Quote Originally Posted by MsPoppins:
    Getting a second cat solved our issues. Now they play, sleep and groom happily all day. Having plenty of shelves, plants etc for them to play with and around is also a good idea.
    Yep, our cat loves to climb and explore high places, too. I have come home of an afternoon and couldn't find him. Called and called him, and found him crouching on top of the fridge looking down at me....

We lived in Sweden and it's normal to walk your cat there. They where a kind harness that their front legs go through and you see people walking them in the country parks - you cannot ever let them off the lead of course...

I took my cat to the Botanical Gardens once, to show him the black puma. He then went for a walk on the grass near the snack shack and while he didn't particularly enjoy it, he gave it a go. I tried him on Repulse Bay Beach one time as well but he hated that, he turned into a statue as soon as his toes hit the sand, I think he may have thought it was a nightmare, landing in the world's largest litter tray!

Now (he's 17) he loves to dash out of the door when it's opened, especially when the dog goes for his walk, but he's even happier to dash back in as soon as it looks like the activity will extend away from his main hallway

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    We lived in Sweden and it's normal to walk your cat there. They where a kind harness that their front legs go through and you see people walking them in the country parks - you cannot ever let them off the lead of course...
    What does this kind of cat leash look like, I am interested?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast