Like Tree36Likes

How do I get media attention of being caught in death of my puppy

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    BE-know any reliable Schnauzer breeders. I certainly could not find any when I was looking, and the vets didn't know of any either.

Labs, alsations and collies are simply way too big for my home.
    I don't and I only found the Alsatian and Collie guys in my search for a Lab. I bet if you post on the HK Lab Club page someone will give you a lead, (pun intended :-)) They are a friendly bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Anyone who says, "There are no reputable dog breeders in Hong Kong", is simply speaking from a position of ignorance. Hong Kong is home to millions of people who most of us don't/can't communicate with and have no idea about. Especially up here in the NTs, there is a very unique lifestyle for dog owners in the clubs....I've really only just found out about it......
    Very arrogant comment. There are people around who have been deeply involved in animal welfare in Hong Kong for many years, who would not go near ANY breeders. Having 'only just found out' about a certain scene you know better than them, do you?

Considering how much is spent on trying to eliminate conditions like arthritis, cancer and bone health issues from humans, why is it acceptable to create breeds where these conditions are so prevalent? German Shepards are well known for spinal issues (in fact have a long list of conditions), and hip problems in Golden Retrievers. What are your 'reputable breeders' now doing to reverse this?

To the OP, you obviously did not do much research, there is ample information around about the factory line of sick puppies from breeders and pet shops, including on this forum.
    Tanae likes this.

I was living in San Francisco in 1998 when I bought my Chihuahua from one of the best breeders in California. My girlfriend at that time loved Chihuahua's. There were none available at the SPCA so I did research and found an excellent breeder. My dog is nearly 14 years old and has been a wonderful companion for all these years.

bryant.english and Wade1175 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi3:
    Very arrogant comment. There are people around who have been deeply involved in animal welfare in Hong Kong for many years, who would not go near ANY breeders. Having 'only just found out' about a certain scene you know better than them, do you?
    I do know better than them. They choose to tar all breeders with the same brush because of well publicised bad ones and it's people like them and you who make it difficult for decent folk to go about the business of buying the pet they want. The certain scene I'm talking about are the clubs, the show clubs, the swimming, the dog friendly bbqs and sports days. Breeding dogs, I know as much as the next man. What the bleeding heart, tree hugging, Prius driving, hand wringing retards do is of no interest to me.

(NOW THAT'S ARROGANT!)

What are your 'reputable breeders' now doing to reverse this?
    Are you saying that nobody should breed Alsatians or Labradors? In the world, or in Hong Kong............or in your pea brained mind?

Are you saying that nobody should breed Alsatians or Labradors? In the world, or in Hong Kong............or in your pea brained mind?
    Can you answer the question? How is willingly breeding deformities and health issues into dogs responsible?
    Tanae likes this.

Can you answer the question? How is willingly breeding deformities and health issues into dogs responsible?
    So what your saying is that until all the deformities of those two breeds is fixed, no more German Shepards and Golden Retrievers should be born
    bryant.english likes this.

but the problem is that you can't fix the problems UNLESS you breed more...

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    So what your saying is that until all the deformities of those two breeds is fixed, no more German Shepards and Golden Retrievers should be born
    Well by breeding out these issues in some cases you would be getting rid of some of the characteristics that define a breed, and returning future generations to a more natural state. So yes, I suppose some breeds would cease to exist.

A better example might be a pug, which by definition has to have difficulty breathing and regulating heat. Give it back a longer nose and it is no longer a pug.
    Last edited by Kiwi3; 06-06-2012 at 08:02 PM.

I have yet to see a nice specimen of German Shepherd in HK. I've seen several and they look like clones of each other... hunched back, SEVERE hip displaysia, heads too big, obvious patella problems. Judging by what I've seen with this breed, no German Shepherds should be bred in Hong Kong, assuming the dogs I've seen were born here.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast